Tuesday News Update
I’m back from a beautiful day off playing golf (Tip: don’t play Matt for money). Here’s what’s goin’ on.
- You’ve probably heard about our Photoshop TV photography contest, called “The Photoshop TV Shopping Spree at B&H Photo” where we send the grand prize winner to New York City (including round trip airfare and hotel), and give you a $1,000 shopping spree at B&H Photo’s Incredible Manhattan store. Well, Matt, Dave, and I went to B&H to show you just what that $1,000 might buy. Watch the video clip (which starts just like the segment we did on Photoshop TV, but this version has all the individual products listed, including some of our favorite camera gear) by clicking right here.
- OK, since I mentioned Matt, I might as well lead off with the news that he’s just launched a new 21-day online training course on learning Photoshop CS3. It’s called “The Photoshop CS3 Power Session” and it’s designed for people who were using Photoshop CS2, and they want to learn how to put the new CS3 features to use rigtht away. The great thing about his course is it’s just “five minutes a day,” (that’s a perfect length, because who doesn’t have 5-minutes to get WAY better at Photoshop, right?). Here’s how it works: you go to the site, download the same image Matt works on for that day, you download a detailed outline (along with some extra tips and keyboard shortcuts), then you follow right along with him. It’s really brilliant, and the feedback we’ve gotten from Matt’s courses has been incredible. Of course, NAPP members get a huge discount (only $39.95 for the entire 21-day course). Start Matt’s class today at PhotoshopTraining.com
- If you’re a Nikon shooter using Capture NX, you’ll want to check out the new training DVD set (3 DVDs in all) caled “Unleashing the Raw Power of Capture NX” by renown photographer and Photoshop World instructor Vincent Versace. Vinny knows Capture NX on a level few people in the world do, and if you’re using Capture NX, you’ve got to get his collection. You can order yours at http://acmeeducational.com/nx070325/index.html
- Want to see some great photography? It’s the work of photographer Matt Brandon, and his site is called “The Digital Trekker.” Be sure to check out his galleries of people in their natural environment—very cool stuff. Check it out by clicking here.
- Just a quick word of thanks to everyone who’s purchased my new “Lightroom for Digital Photographers” book. This week for the first time it’s ranked in the Top 100 of ALL books on Amazon.com, and it’s really exciting to see how many photographers are totally embracing Lightroom and “The New Digital Photography Workflow” using Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop. If you want to pick up a copy of the book, you can order yours right here.
- Yesterday our friends at PhotoshopNews.com posted a very helpful set of links to some troubleshooting tech docs for Vista users running Photoshop CS3, along with links to Adobe articles on how to optimize CS3 for maximum speed on both Mac OS X and Windows. Click here to go there.
- The “Digital Landscape Workshop Series” just posted their 2008 dates for their “Shooting Fall Color” photography/digital imaging workshop in Vermont (the official dates are Oct. 5-8, 2008) and since they’re always sold out well in advance, I wanted to post it now so you can snag a spot. Here’s their schedule for the rest of 2007 along with the Vermont date next year. (Note: this is the workshop I attended back in October of last year that I did the live report from. I cannot recommend this workshop enough—you will have so much fun, and laugh so much, and learn so much your head will explode.That’s all for today. Don’t forget to push some pixels around, and we’ll catch you tomorrow! :-)