Wednesday News Update!
Live, from a hotel in downtown St. Louis, Missouri, it’s the Wednesday news update (insert theme music here).
- Hey, did I mention the whole USA Today thing? (Just kidding). Want some Photoshop tips? How about 101? Click this link to check out over 100 Photoshop tips in an online article by Gary Logsdon. Lots of nice tips there.
- The Web site LensCulture.com had a post about the “PhotoBloggies,” an annual award given to the best photography blogs, and they have live links to the 200 finalists, and of course the winning site as well. Check it out here.
- There’s a wonderful article over at “Concerning Photography” on living legend Jay Maisel, and his influence on London-based photographer Ian Talbot, the author of the piece. It’s really a fun read (click here for the link). For past three Photoshop World’s we’ve been fortunate enough to have Jay speak for us, and this year when he did his segment during our after hours “Art of Digital Photography” session, he got a standing ovation from the 1,200 inspired photographers. If you’re going to Photoshop World Vegas, put Jay’s sessions on your “must attend” list.
- While on the treadmill on Monday, I got to watch the first 45 minutes of famed wedding photographer David Ziser’s “Digital Wakeup Call” DVD, and it just blew me away. If you’re a professional wedding photographer, it’s like having David standing there stuffing money in your pockets, because it’s packed with so much practical advice on how to be competitive in this market where cameras have gotten so good, and so inexpensive, that everyone thinks they’re a pro wedding shooter. It’s a real eye-opener, and he shares lots of real world advice, sales strategies, and how to make your work stand out from the crowd. He was just getting into lighting patterns and stuff like that, so I’ll have more after I get back from St. Louis and get to watch the next section, but if the DVD was just this first section, for wedding photographers it would be worth 10 times the price (by the way, it’s a 4 1/2 hr. DVD for only $69. I think he WAY underpriced it). Here’s a link to his site, where you can order the DVD. Way to go David, for sharing all that you’ve learned, and for working to help the entire pro wedding photography industry.
- A note to Trina, who posted a comment here in my blog asking if I would do a video clip on how to use the Westcott SpiderLites that I’m using on my Lightroom Tour. Trina; that’s an excellent idea. I’ll try to have it up by next week!!! :-)
- Hi Mike. Hey Don. Hi, Jeff. I’m looking forward to your slideshows today.
Have a great Wednesday everybody, and don’t forget to stop by your local convenience store and pick up a copy of today’s USA Today. Ya know, for the sports scores and stuff. ;-)