Friday News From The Photoshop Insider
Hi gang. It’s Friday (and Happy Hanukkah!); here’s what’s up:
- First, I have to thank my buddy Matt Kloskowski for his rockin’ Guest Blog post on Wednesday. It was cool to see how many people needed to hear what Matt had to say (and it was something I hadn’t heard anyone say publicly before. Way to go, Ski!).
- Alltop.com, which is an incredibly cool new news resource that aggregates a whole bunch of daily blogs by topic, just added a Photoshop section (I already visit their Photography category daily). What I love is; you can just hover your mouse over a headline, and it shows you the first paragraph or so. Hover your cursor over the blog’s name, and it shows you a mini graphic of the blog. The whole thing is very cleverly done, with a slick, clean layout. You’ll love it! Here’s the link to the Photoshop category.
- A quick word about the new blog design here. I’ve gotten loads of great comments on the new look and functionality, but the credit totally goes to my in-house uber-designer Fred Maya who cooked up this new design for me, and to our in-house code wizard Tommy Maloney, who tweaked the Flash code so the image up top would be random. The way that top part is designed is pretty clever; Each time it loads, it loads a different set of images, so if you scroll through the images now, tomorrow it will have a new main image, and a different “deck” of gallery images. Also, this new blog allows me to show larger images on the home page, and it makes the process of updating the blog easier on me, which I love. The commenting is better and more powerful, and we’ll be adding more features as we move forward, so it will keep evolving as well. Also, we updated my Bio page, and my Gear page, and we’ll be updating my horribly out-of-date portfolio soon as well.
- CORRECTION: I got an email from someone at Lastolite yesterday letting me know that in my review yesterday, not only did I link to the wrong EZYbox on B&H Photo, but since the link was wrong, the price was wrong, too (The one I linked to wasn’t for “hot shoe” flash). The correct link is right here, and the correct price is $208. The only good news is; B&H Photo actually does have these in stock. Sorry for any confusion, Agita, or other frustation this may have caused. If it’s any consolation, this isn’t the biggest mistake I made yesterday.
- Joe McNally has a wonderful post over at his blog, called “The Best Assignments are Free.” Joe is a great story teller and teacher, and this post is really a great read, so if you get a few minutes this weekend, take a break and check this out.
- My thanks to Digital Photography School for including my book, “The Digital Photography Book” in their “12 Great Digital Photography Books for Your Christmas Stocking.” (Here’s the link), and to Ronald R. Martinsen’s Photography Blog including my Photoshop Seven-Point-System in his post on “What Photoshop Books Should I Read.”(Here’s that link).
That’s it for today folks. Have a wonderful weekend and we’ll see you back here on Monday.