Tuesday News Quickies
Howdy, folks. Here’s what’s up:
- Each week NAPP’s Executive Director Larry Becker does a short video show called NAPP News, and it covers industry news, stuff for NAPP members like new discount and offers, and just generally a bunch of stuff Photoshop freaks would be interested in. We’ve had a number of people ask that we also make it available as a downloadable video Podcast in Apple’s iTunes, and well now it’s available as a downloadable podcast in iTunes. You can subscribe to it free right here or just watch the show right there in iTunes. (By the way; if you haven’t checked out the show in a while, it has really grown tremendously, and Dave Cross has a very cute guest appearence in this week’s show).
- This Sunday I’m shooting the Bucs vs. Raiders NFL game from the sidelines. This is a must-win game for the Bucs, and besides the win, we also need the Eagles to beat the Cowboys this weekend to snag a Wildcard spot in the playoffs. Here’s something you don’t hear me say very often; Go Eagles!
- LAST MINUTE GIFT IDEA: My friend Janine Smith sent me this one. She wrote, “I LOVE my 5-second frames. Very easy to frame (just drop the photo in the back, no need to take it apart). Then you can add more photos (10 in the back compartment). Hang it on the wall (they offer easy templates) or stand it on a table, horizontal or vertical. To change photos, just pick it up, slide one photo out, another one in. This has to be the greatest grandparent gift ever. Nice looking, affordable ($15 or so), available at Target or Bed Bath & Beyond. http://5second.com/ (Thanks Janine for passing this one one).
- LIGHTROOM 2 TOUR: Make plans now as Matt Kloskowski brings our Lightroom 2 Live! Tour to Covington, Kentucy (near Cincinatti) on January 23, 2009. This seminar is going to sell out in advance, so if you want to attend, sign up now (tickets are available on a first come/first served basis). Here’s the link.
- Terry White has a post up today on his popular TechBlog that you’ve got to read. It’s about “Adobe Connect” (Adobe’s web conference software) and the reason I’m hoping you’ll read about it (and sign up for a free Connect account), is that after the first of the year, we’ll be doing some special live training events using this technology, and I want you to be able to be a part of them. The first step, is signing up for that free account, but beyond that, the technology is pretty amazing, so if you’ve got a minute, check out his post right here.
- NO BLOG TILL MONDAY: Just a reminder: I’m taking the rest of this week off, so there will be no blogging until next Monday, so I can take some time off to enjoy Christmas with my family. Hope you’ll be taking things easy too, and enjoying all the wonder this season can bring.
That’s it for today folks. See ya on Monday!