Update on Yesterday’s Worldwide Photo Walk Launch
Just a quick update on yesterday’s official launch:
- After a few Web site hiccups in the morning, we got most of the kinks worked out and a number of walks were completely full by dinner time (I believe Terry White’s Detroit Photo Walk was the first one to fill up) so if you’re thinking of joining a walk; I wouldn’t wait.
- I approved dozens more city leaders last night (including walks in China, Portugal, Australia, Thailand, Japan, Canada, France, The Netherlands, The Philippines, Germany, and a dozen or so other countries, including dozens of locations in the USA) but until those leaders activate their pages, you won’t be able to sign up for their walks.
- We have a fast-growing list of cities, and you can find them by going to the official Website, then clicking on Cities, and when the map appears, click on the “List by City” link just above the top left side of the map.
- If a walk in a particular city fills up, we’ll check to see if someone has applied to be a leader, and then we can see about adding a 2nd walk.
- The NAPP Gang: RC is leading a walk in Dunedin, Florida. Brad Moore is going to be leading a walk in downtown Tampa. Matt Kloskowski and Dave are also leading walks, but I’m not sure where yet. Corey Barker is leading the walk in Safety Harbor, Florida.
- Just a note: the folks this year have done a great job of sharing their qualifications for leading walks, and it’s making the process move along much faster, so thanks to everyone who took the extra time.
- PhotoWalkPro.com has joined on as an official WWPW sponsor, and my thanks to our co-sponsor Adobe Systems for their support (we’re working on some cool stuff with them for the walk—–more as soon as it’s all in place), plus my thanks to MPIX.com, Peachpit Press (publisher of my books), and of course NAPP (but they really had no choice, eh?).
Also, a big thanks to everyone who has volunteered to lead to walks, and shown such enthusiasm for this worldwide social photography event. You guys make it an awful lot of fun!