If you’ve seen any of our teaser ads (below) on the Web or in magazines, hinting that something big is coming from us, wellâ¦.it is, and we’re just one day away.
Tomorrow at 12:00 Noon ET we’ll be making the biggest announcement in our history, and even at that, it’s just the beginning (our next big announcement is right behind it, on Feburary 1st ). It’s going to be an amazing year for creative people, and I hope you’ll stop by tomorrow for the big announce.
If you want us to send you a reminder tomorrow, just go right here. We’re really, really excited — tomorrow’s gonna be a big day! :-)
Hi Gang: I thought I'd once again kick off the new year with a quick look back at the most popular, and most commented-on posts of 2013 here on my blog, and some of the fun stuff we shared during the past year.
By the way: If you're wondering how many posts we put up in the course of a year, in 2013 it was 273 posts! (Whew). Also, in case you were wondering: I actually do write all my own posts with the exception of "Guest Blog Wednesday" and "Free Stuff Thursday" which are handled for me by my photo assistant Brad Moore, to which I am boundlessly grateful for (high-five, Brad!). :)
The Top 10 Most Commented-on Posts of 2013
Here are the posts that garnered the most comments from readers during the year, in order: (NOTE: I didn't include any of my "Free Stuff Thursday" giveaways in these tallies or Guest Blog comments which have their own separate catagory).
1. My Take on Adobe's Announcements Yesterday at the MAX Conference (647 comments) link
2. You Said Something I Disagree With. You Must Be Getting Paid. (371 comments) link
3. My Take on Adobe's Creative Cloud Deal for Photographers (364 comments) link
4. Some Shots from the Falcons / 49ers NFL Championship Game (290 comments) link
5. Adobe's Letting Everyone In On $9.99 "Bundle Deal" But Only For a Few Days (184 comments) link
6. Three Quick Friday Things (113 comments) link
7. Some Shots From Last Week's Wedding Shoot (112 comments) link
8. So, How Many "Keepers" Do You Get From a Shoot? (103 comments) link
9. Want to Come Work With Us? We're Hiring Now For Some Awesome Jobs (121 comments) link
10. Another Epic Remote Camera Failâ¦. (95 comments) link
I'm indebted to all the Guest Bloggers who shared their images, ideas and inspiration with my readers each Wednesday. Here are the top commented posts from 2013:
1. Zack Arias (113 Comments) Link
2. A Special 9/11 Guest Blog from Joe McNally (86 Comments) Link
3. Mark S. Johnson (66 Comments) Link
4. RC Concepcion: To Thine Own Self Be True (57 Comments) Link
5. Bill Fortney (50 Comments) Link
6. Brad Moore (50 Comments) Link
7. Rob Sylvan (38) Link
8. Uli Staiger (35 Comments) Link
9. Vincent Versace (34 Comments) Link
10. Pete Collins (33 Comments) Link
My Photo Shoots
When I do a shoot, I usually post the images here within a day or so (or the spread from the photo book I made if it was a travel shoot), and here are the shoots that garnered the most comments from 2013 (in order of popularity):
1. It was a Football Shootin', Remote Firein' Weekend! (82 Comments) Link
2. Shots and a Q&A from My Shoot Aboard a US Navy Aircraft Carrier (74 Comments) Link
3. My Favorite Football Shots of The 2012 Season (60 Comments) Link
4. Shots from the Broncos/Chiefs Game Sunday Night (52 Comments) Link
5. Shooting Exotic Sports Cars at the duPont Registry (50 Comments) Link
6. My First Studio Car Shoot (plus behind-the-scenes) (50 Comments) Link
7. Shots From My First Football Shoot of the Season (47 Comments) Link
8. Behind-The-Scenes Video of my Audi R8 Shoot Using the New Priolite Strobes (42 Comments) Link
9. Shooting Detail Shots of an Aston Martin Vantage (41 Comments) Link
10. Some Shots from Sunday's Falcons/Seahawks Playoff Game (41 Comments) Link
NOTE: Technically, my post “ Some Shots From Last Week's Wedding Shoot” with 112 comments (link) would have been the #1 most popular shoot post, but I already included that in the most popular of all posts category earlier, so I skipped it here under “Shoots.”
That's it for Part One
I'll be back on Next Week with Part Two, where we'll look at some of the milestones from an entire year here on the blog and I hope you'll join me back here then. In the meantime, here's wishing you a fantastic "1st weekend of the New Year" and I hope it's the beginning of a string of wonderful weekends to come!
Photoshop for Lightroom Users
If you’re a Lightroom user who wants to also take advantage of what Photoshop has to offer, but feel overwhelmed by all of the many powerful features it offers, Scott Kelby has written a book just for you. It’s Photoshop for Lightroom Users, and in it Scott focuses on the essentials edits, techniques, retouching tutorials, and tweaks that you can't perform in Lightroom, but which will take your images up a notch. Scott covers everything from compositing to adding text over an image to retouching to creating a book cover to advanced sharpening techniques. With Photoshop for Lightroom Users, readers will learn all they need to know in order to fold Photoshop into their imaging workflow with Lightroom.
Wedding Photography Essentials with Frank Salas
If you're interested in wedding photography then this class is for you! Whether you're just starting out or are a seasoned pro looking for some of the latest tips and tricks; join Master Photographer Frank Salas as he breaks down the absolute essential information every wedding photographer should know. In this class Frank covers everything from the equipment you'll need to take to that first time meeting with the bride, to basic posing technique, how to proof your images, increase sales, and so much more!
Leave a comment for your chance to win a free rental of this class!
Kelby Training Live
Want to spend a day with Scott Kelby, Matt Kloskowski, or RC Concepcion? Check out these seminar tours!
Shoot Like A Pro with Scott Kelby
Feb 21 - Tampa, FL
Feb 24 - Atlanta, GA
Mar 12 - Phoenix, AZ
Mar 28 - Minneapolis, MN
Lightroom 5 Live with Matt Kloskowski
Jan 31 - Covington, KY (Cincinnati Area)
Feb 5 - Richmond, VA
Photoshop for Photographers with RC Concepcion
Feb 19 - Lansing, MI
Feb 26 - Oklahoma City, OK
Mar 4 - New York, NY
Mar 26 - Arlington, TX
You can check out the full schedule for seminars through March! And don't forget, if you register for a seminar at least 14 days in advance, you can save $10 by using the code KTL10 at the checkout. And leave a comment for your chance to win a ticket to one of these events!
Something Big Coming on January 7
Something big is coming to Kelby Training on Tuesday, January 7! If you want to be among the first people to find out what it is, you can sign up at KelbyTraining.com/CreativesUnite!
Kelby Training Live Ticket
– Tim H
If you’re one of the lucky winners, we’ll be in touch soon. Have a great Thursday and a Happy New Year!
It's a national holiday here in the US (the banks are closed, government offices, and so on), and our offices are closed today as well, as we celebrate the beginning of a New Year.
My humble thanks to everyone who visited me here on the blog this year; to all my wonderful guest bloggers who shared their wisdom and images; to all the folks who offered my readers special deals and free-stuff on "Free Stuff Thursdays" and to everybody who said a nice word, had my back, made me smile, and made writing this blog so much fun this past year. Also, a big thanks to my assistant Brad Moore who helped so much once again this year in making sure every Wednesday and Thursday went off without a hitch. Thanks Brad (you rock!).
I read every single comment posted here during the year and your words of encouragement, support and friendship mean more than you know. What a wonderful time to be a photographer and a "Photoshop Guy."
Here's wishing you and your family your very best year yet!!!
–Scott and my wonderful crew here at Kelby Media Group, down in warm, toasty Tampa, Florida