P.S.Need help convincing your boss you need to be there? We’ve written a “letter to your boss” for you, and it’s awesome — just copy and paste it into a letter, than do #1’s one thru four above. Here’s the link. See you there!
Each year, we have loads of teachers who come to Photoshop World, and even teachers who bring groups of students to the event, but here’s an opportunity for both: if you’re an educator and you have a star student that you think could really benefit from attending this summer’s Photoshop World 2016 Conference in Las Vegas (July 19-21st), you can submit them for one of the twenty-five student full-conference pass scholarships we award each year. Here’s the details:
The Photoshop World Student Scholarship Program has been created to give promising students the opportunity to expand their Photoshop, graphic design, photography and creative skills by attending the Photoshop World Conference, a three-day conference offering invaluable training sessions led by the world’s leading experts in the creative industry.
Each year, KelbyOne awards scholarships to talented students from across the country. The recipients receive free full conference admission, as well as a one-year membership to KelbyOne (which includes a digital subscription to Photoshop User magazine). The scholarship is valued at $998.
The scholarships are awarded to 25 students based on a direct recommendation from their teacher. We’re looking to award these scholarships to the most deserving students based on talent, potential and passion and if you would like to nominate one of your best and brightest for a scholarship, please share a few words (below) about why the student you are nominating would make an excellent choice as a scholarship recipient.
Applications are being accepted up to June 6th, 2016. If you submit an application prior to June 6th and are chosen, you will be notified by June 10th. If you do not hear from us by the 10th, please try again next year for Photoshop World Conference 2017.
New Panel Discussion For Students This year, for the first time ever, we have a special panel just for students about getting photography work after graduation, and the panel has some of the best working pros in the business (open to all registered students at the conference).
Hey gang – just a quick update for what’s new and going on at the upcoming Photoshop World 2016 Conference in Las Vegas this summer, July 19-21, 2016:
(1) CALL FOR ENTRIES: The Photoshop World Guru Awards This is a photo/image competition just for people who attend the conference (so your odds of winning in a category are pretty decent), and there are categories for everything from illustration to retouching to compositing, and entry is free to any registered attendee (and entry is only for registered attendees). The official rules and form for uploading your images to the competition are right here. Good luck! (btw: if you’re on the fence about entering, read this post from Photoshop World Instructor Corey Barker about how his career changed after winning a Guru Award back when he was an attendee – here’s that link).
(2) We have an incredible roster of instructors this year! Along with some very familiar faces, we’ve got some up-and-coming star instructors that you are absolutely going to love learning from. Take a look at this year’s instructor dream team (below):
(3) Join us for “An Evening With Gregory Heisler” We’re doing something very cool this year — and it’s an evening you’ll never forget with one of the most respected, engaging, and captivating presenters of our time, and author of the critically acclaimed 50 Portraits: Stories and Techniques from a Photographer’s Photographer (seen below), Mr. Gregory Heisler. You’ve seen Gregory’s iconic portraits of A-list celebrities, athletes, and even Presidents countless times on covers of Time magazine, GQ, Sports Illustrated, Esquire, and ESPN among others, and now he brings those images and stories to life on stage for an evening of inspiration, laughter, and art — you are going to just love it.
(4) Free re-broadcast of our Alumni-only Webcast Last week we did a live Webcast (hosted by Larry Becker and me), about all the new things coming to Photoshop World this year (and there’s plenty). This webcast was just for folks who have already been to Photoshop World before, so we don’t talk about “what is Photoshop World” because they already know – instead it’s all about what’s different, what’s new, what’s the buzz this year, and stuff like that. It was a lot of fun, and we had tons of interaction from the viewing audience. If you missed it, you can watch the rebroadcast right now at this link.
(5) Corey & Vanelli on Photoshop World While I was on the road, we did something very dangerous — we turned the Grid over to Photoshop World’s Official Mascot, the one and only “Vanelli” (but we had Corey Barker join him to make sure the train didn’t run off the tracks), and I have to say — they nailed it. They totally nailed the Photoshop World experience, and if you’ve been thinking on any level of going, watch this episode (below), and you’ll totally “get it.”
(6) If you’re going, better book your rooms NOW!!!! We’ve got special discount room rates for our attendees, right at the resort where Photoshop World is held (and where our staff and instructors stay); the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino right on the Vegas strip. We have a limited number of rooms at our discounted rate, and when they’re gone…they’re gone, so reserve your room now. Here’s the link with details.
(7) Here’s why you gotta go! It’s just 30-seconds long (below), but you’ll see why you gotta join us this summer in Vegas:
That’s it for this Photoshop World Conference 2016 update! :)
P.S.Tomorrow is “Blind Photo Critique Day” on The Grid with our in-studio guest, lifestyle portrait photographer Erik Valind. Submit your “portrait photos” for critique at this link right here, and we’ll see you tomorrow at 4pm EDT for the show at http://kelbytv.com/thegrid
Morning everybody! I am very excited to announce three more awesome instructors have been added to our already amazing line-up of instructors (we’ve got a killer line up this summer, and it just got more amazing). Please welcome:
Matt Kloskowski We are so excited to have Matt back teaching at Photoshop World this year, and of course, he’ll be teaching some Lightroom and photography classes on the conference tracks. So glad he’ll be “rockin’ the houseski” (sorry, I couldn’t help myself) out in Vegas with us this summer.
Trey Ratcliff How psyched are we to have Trey teaching for us? Megapsyched! Not only is Trey teaching some Travel photography / Photoshop & Lightroom stuff, he’s also hosting our first-ever “Photoshop World Film Festival” where we’ll be featuring ten of the best “under five minute” video creations and film shorts from our own attendees. Really delighted to have Trey joining us, and you’ll love getting to learn from him.
Serge Ramelli Mesdames et Messieurs, we are proud to introduce, teaching for the first time at Photoshop World, French photographer, Lightroom teacher, and Film Producer, the one and only Serge Ramelli. A rising star in the post processing teaching community and a very accomplished photographer, we are really tickled to have him joining our instructor team this summer.
If you’ve been to Photoshop World before… Then keep an eye on your email inbox for a very special invite, because on Thursday evening we’re inviting all our Alumni from the past few years to a live private Webcast about all the new things, and new instructors, and fun new events we have planned for this year’s conference. So much to share! Plus….
Someone watching will win roundtrip Airfare to Vegas, Hotel, & a Full Conference Pass!!!! That’s right — live on the broadcast some lucky person will win our “Vegas Conference Megatrip,” which includes round trip airfare to Vegas (from anywhere in the US); hotel at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino (the official home of Photoshop World), and a Full Conference Pass (wait…I’m passing out!). That’s right — so keep an eye on your inbox and come join me and Larry Becker on Thursday night.
Have you seen this? If not, watch it right now (it’s short) because it really shows you what it’s like going to Photoshop World (this is some quick highlights from last year). It’s worth watching (but don’t say I didn’t warn you — you’re really going to want to go!).
OK, does that make you want to go or what, right? Right! Come join us this summer in Las Vegas for the hottest time and the coolest Lightroom, Photoshop and Photography training event, and general Adobe lovefest anywhere! Here’s the link for all the details.
Have a kick-butt Monday!
P.S.Did I mention the whole Free Airfare and hotel thingy? Well, it’s pretty awesome. Hope you win it!
Hi Gang: Happy Monday (I know, that’s a bit of a stretch this early in the day, right?).
If you’re planning on going to the Photoshop World Conference in Las Vegas this summer (and I hope that you are — it’s open to everyone), I wanted to list the sessions I’m teaching (there are nearly 100 sessions but I hope you’ll check out a couple of mine).
Now, if you’re wondering, “What’s Photoshop World?” take a look at this highlight clip from last year’s conference (below). We played a longer version of this at the conference wrap up (this is just a two-minute clip), but it gives you a really good idea of what it’s like being there.
Anyway, here’s what I’m teaching this year:
Essentials of Designing With Type Bad type can ruin a really great photo and in this session, I’m going to show you how to create poster layouts, photo book covers, web graphics and more so your type complements your work, rather than destroying it. You’ll learn everything from the basics of typography including which fonts to use, when, and why, and how to create simple, beautiful-looking designs (it’s easier than you’d think). This class will change the way you think about and use type and photos together from this point on.
Unlocking The Power of Lightroom Mobile If you’re ready to take your Lightroom CC workflow beyond the desktop, you’ve got to check out this session that expands and extends the way you use Lightroom in a very cool way. I think you’ll be surprised at some of the things you can do with Lightroom on your mobile device, including some really interesting stuff you can do Web-wise that if you haven’t learned yet, you’re totally going to love (and so will your clients).
Creating Beautiful Photo Books in Lightroom In this session you’ll learn how to create beautiful photo books from right within Lightroom itself. You’ll see the entire workflow, step-by-step and exactly how to create your own custom photo books the easy way, plus I’m going to share a few tricks on creating your own custom layouts that I think you’ll really find helpful. Lots of little tips, tricks, and time-saving techniques.
Lightroom Killer Tips This is an updated version of one of my most popular classes at Photoshop World, with lots of cool new tips, workarounds, shortcuts, and things to make you faster, more effective, and just have more fun using Lightroom. You’re going to learn real, practical techniques you can put to work the very next day.
Anyway, if you’re going, I’d love to see you in one of my sessions, so I hope you’ll drop by. If you haven’t planned on going, why not? Here’s the link — come and spend a few days taking your career, and your skills, up a big notch (warning: if you go even once, you’ll want to go every year. Ask anyone that’s been to one). See you in Vegas this summer!