Now that my new Lightroom book is hitting stores, I put together a short video clip describing the book, what makes it different, and what it’s all about it. You can watch it right here (well, right below. You knew what I meant, right? Anyway, just click the little Play button on the bottom left and the video starts. ).
OK, I’m at the airport; here’s some quick news:
- Last week, at Photoshop World, Strata released some new 3D plug-ins for Photoshop CS3, and they are pretty slick. Click here for more info.
- How fast is Photoshop really running on your computer? Take the Photoshop Speed Test.
- The first review of my new Lightroom Book is out. The review, by T. Michael Testi, is over at Blog Critics.
- Got three minutes? Then check out this short “Masters of Photography” video clip on YouTube, which is photography set to music.
- Our “Live from Photoshop World” episode of Photoshop TV is now online at PhotoshopTV.com, featuring some cool tutorials, and the sights and sounds of Photoshop World Boston.
- I finally installed my AppleTV, and I have to say—it totally lives up to its hype. It was simple to set-up, incredibly well-designed, and just plain fun.
- Great article from Sean McCormack on Lightroom-News.com on how to add navigation links to photo galleries you create in Adobe Lightroom. If you create Web photo galleries in Lightroom, you’re going to want to check this out for sure.
Welcome to the new home for my Photoshop Insider Blog, which incorporates both ScottKelby.com and my former Blogger.com blog into one site. This new blog has lots of nice new features (easier navigation, more info, categories, the opportunity for larger sized photos) and for me it makes posting much easier and efficient). Thanks to my in-house Web guru Fred Maya who hooked me up with this new set-up (click on that down facing-arrow at the bottom of the photo at the top of this site to expand the image area. Pretty cool, eh? That’s more Fred stuff.). So…here goes:
- Terry White’s Tech Blog has a write up on the recent Photoshop World, complete with comments from some attendees. Click here to check it out.
- I’m teaching another week-long hands-on workshop this summer at the wonderful Santa Fe Workshops, out in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The workshop is called “Super Charged Photoshop and the Bridge for Photographers,” but of course, we’ll also be working with Lightroom this year. I’ll have more on the workshop tomorrow, but for now, you can find out more by going to the Santa Fe Workshops site.
- The amazing Laurie Excell (AKA: The Equipment Lady, and head of NAPP’s Photo Gear Desk”) has a new blog, and if you like great photography, great advice, and a the latest scoop on the all the latest gear, you might as well add it to your daily rounds. You can jump there now by clicking here.
- Photoshop World instructor, and renown digital artist Fay Sirkis is teaching an in-depth five-day “Beginner Photo Painting” workshop (April 16 – 20, 2007) at the Lepp Institute, out in beautiful Los Osos, California. If you’ve ever caught Fay’s standing-room-only sessions at Photoshop World, you know what an amazing week this will be. For more info, visit the Lepp Institute’s site.
“The Photoshop Guys” take you live On Location to Adobe’s CS3 Launch Event in New York City (held earlier this week), in a special bonus episode of Photoshop TV. It features a look at the sights and sounds of this amazing event, plus we were honored to have one-one-one interviews with Adobe’s CEO Bruce Chizen, and Adobe’s VP of their Creative Solutions Business Unit, John Loiacono (who’s also the featured keynote speaker at Photoshop World Boston next week!). You can watch this episode right now online at http://www.photoshoptv.com
If you were thinking of taking us up on that offer of a FREE Expo-only pass at Photoshop World in Boston next Thursday, here’s another reason to come: O’Reilly Publishing is hosting a series of free Photoshop sessions at their booth on the show floor, featuring some of the leading Photoshop authors, including Photoshop Hall of Famers Deke McClelland, Katrine Eismann, and Eddie Tapp, along with authors Derek Story, and Peter Krogh. You can find O’Reilly’s class schedule by clicking here, and you can get your FREE Expo pass at the Photoshop World Web site.