Come to the Photoshop World Tech Expo. Free!
Wanna check out the Photoshop World Tech Expo in Orlando next week for free? Here’s the deal: We usually open the Tech Expo part of Photoshop World to the public for one-day only, but this year in Orlando we’ve expanded our Expo to a third day, so we’re opening the show floor to the public for two full days (Thursday, April 3rd and Friday, April 4th).
If you sign-up in advance online, you can get the Expo pass free (if you show up at the door, it’s $20.00 per person). Here’s the link. Here’s why you should come to Orlando and check out the Expo:
- You get to play with all the latest photography and Photoshop-related gear from exhibitors like Epson, Nikon (who have their own theater this year), Canon, Adobe, OnOne Software, Westcott, NikSoftware, Wacom, Microsoft, Chimera, Corel, LensBabies, and Tamron (among others).
- There are lots of free training sessions right on the expo floor. You can catch free sessions from Peachpit Press’ authors (people like, well…me, and Bert Monroy, and Matt Kloskowski, and just about every cool trainer you can think of). Plus, this year Nikon has their own theater featuring their superstar shooters, and Microsoft has some incredible photographers doing presentations in their booth as well.
- There are demo theaters all over the floor, where you can see everything from live shoots, to live demos on lighting, Photoshop plug-ins, new technology, and all kinds of juicy gear.
- It’s a selling show, so vendors will be selling products, at show special pricing, right on the Expo floor (even B&H Photo has a booth, and it’s always jumpin’).
- There’s a huge Official Photoshop Bookstore (by Peachpit Press), with everybody’s latest books (including books from almost all the Photoshop World Dream Team instructors), plus other major publishers, like O’Reilly and Wiley, will be there with books and special Expo only deals. Plus you’ll find deals on DVDs, and Online Training, and a whole lot more.
- It’s a blast. It’s really an awful lot of fun (from the live taping of an episode of Photoshop User TV, to the freebies and goodies vendors give away at their booths), and the chance to meet your favorite trainers in person (including people like Joe McNally, Jay Maisel, Deke McClelland, Dan Margulis, Ben Willmore, among others), and get your books signed, and just talk.
Here’s the link to sign up for your free pass. I hope to see you on the show floor in Orlando next week! :-)
One more thing: If you want to kind of get a feel for the show (and in particular, what the the Tech Expo is like), check out the one-minute video clip below, which was created for the Boston 2005 Photoshop World.
[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/dtf2Fc5Wc_I" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]