Friday News Quickies
Here’s a couple of quickies to wrap up the week:
- First, thanks to my blog reader Bill Dragga, who sent me the hilarious movie poster spoof you see above (and was kind enough to allow me to post it here), based on Matt, RC, and my experience at the tripod-weary Marriott Marquis in Times Square. I love it! (The poster; not the Marriott).
- My hats off to the Weekly Photo Tips blog; This upcoming Memorial Day weekend their regular blog will be coming down to be replaced with a slideshow to honor American soldiers who have “gone on ahead.” Make sure you visit there now (they’re calling for readers to submit photos for the slideshow), and then make it a special point to return on Memorial Day to see their tribute.
- Saw a quick review of my Hartford, CT CS3 Power Tour seminar, complete with a before/after technique from the seminar. (Here’s the link). There was also a review over at the ZenDog blog (here’s that link).
- Congratulations to the incredible master bloggomanic David Ziser, of DigitalProTalk.com who just posted his 1,000th blog post. For most of us, that feat would take approximately three to four years, but David has done it in just 10 months! I just don’t know how he does it, but I’m sure glad he does. Thanks David, for bringing so much top quality content, insight, and advice to our community.
- My thanks for the 640pixels blog for including my blog in their “5 Websites Every Photographer Should Visit Often” listing. Here’s the link.
- Ignore this (unless you’re Mike): Hey Mike; I’m coming to see you—have you lined up a cool shoot yet?
That’s it for today. Have a great weekend everybody; take your camera out for a great spring shooting; keep showing those pixels who’s boss, and we’ll see you back here on Monday. :)