Friday News Wrap-up
Here’s what happening as we wrap up the week:
- This is going to sound bad, but it’s not what it sounds like: It’s a cool new blog with lots of info on camera gear, and photography related stuff, and despite it’s name “CameraPorn.net” after more than four and a half hours of searching I was not able to find even one shot of naked, nudie, nakedness on the entire site, which as you know is very disappointing (totally, kidding there). There’s a story behind why they chose that “unusual” name, but I imagine one of two things will happen with it: (a) they’ll become a huge success because of it, or (b) Not, then hopefully they’ll change their name to something that really reflects the quality and content of what they’re doing. That notwithstanding, I think it’s pretty cool blog; check it out right here.
- During my day up at the Photo Plus Expo, I did a quick video interview with Scott Sheppard over at Inside Digital Photography show, and you can watch the clip right here.
- Want to see some really wonderful photography? Check out the online galleries of Canadian photographer Peter Leverman. I really like his style, and his post-processing in Photoshop is nicely done. However, his Website is kind of funky (I hate any site that resizes my Web browser’s window without asking), and the navigation is a bit clunky, and it takes longer to load than it should. But his photography is so good that I can forgive all the rest. Here’s the link.
- Here’s some stuff to put on your calendar: The last stop for my Photoshop CS3 Power Tour is coming up on Tuesday, November 27th at the Washington DC Convention Center. The last stop this year for my Lightroom Live Tour will be in Honolulu on Monday, December 3rd, and my guest shooter (doing the live shoots), will be none other than Joe McNally! Hope I’ll see you at one or the other (I know, you probably want to go to the Hawaii one, right?). ;-)
- A big congratulations go out to our buddy Terry White, who just posted his 200th episode of his top-notch “Adobe Creative Suite Podcast” (and he’s now pastthe 5 million download mark. Way to go, big T!). BTW: I heard from Terry that there’s a new faster version of the Delkin PC Slot Compact Flash Card Reader out there now, that uses the native speed of the slot, and Terry is going to run some speed tests and post the results next week on his Tech Blog.
- Don’t miss reading this fascinating insight into the future of Photoshop from Adobe Photoshop Product Manager John Nack. This is an absolute must-read! (here’s the link).
- USA Today did a blurb on my latest book, “Scott Kelby’s Photoshop Seven Point System for Adobe Photoshop CS3” in their “Technology Live” section and you can check it out right here!
Well, that’s it for this Friday. Hope everybody has a great weekend, and we’ll see you bright and early on Monday. Now get outside and take some shots!!!