Monday News Update
Before we kick into the news, I just wanted to take a moment to give my heartfelt thanks to everyone who posted such kind comments here on the blog, who emailed me, or called after the story ran last week in USA Today. I was sincerely touched by your words, and can’t thank you enough for all the good wishes, support, and for giving me the opportunity to do something I truly love for a living. It really means a lot.
Hope everybody had a great weekend. Here’s the latest:
- Acclaimed artist and Photoshop Hall of Famer John Paul Caponigro has a really informative newsletter called “Insights” (I just got a copy this week in my inbox), and I went to his site and learned that you can sign up for it right there (it’s free). Here’s the link to sign up (highly recommended).
- The amazing Terry White is going on tour with Adobe’s new CS3 Creative License Conference, produced by Adobe (see the graphic above). The two-day version of the tour is coming Los Angeles on June 19-20, and New York on June 25-26. The registration is $199 and you can find out more, and register on line (and see Terry live) at this link
- If you’re a wedding photographer, I came across a new blog for pro wedding shooters called “FlashFlavor” and it looks like it’s going to be a really good resource. Check it out right here.
- An email from PhotoJojo turned me on to this list of over 100 tips on taking travel/vacation photos from the people at Fodor’s. They’re separated into different categories, and there’s some pretty decent tips there. Check it out.
- Thanks to everybody who emailed or commented on my video clip from last week showing how to use B&H Photo’s “Scott Kelby Location Kit.” Just so you know; I don’t get compensated for sales of the kit; B&H Photo put that together as a courtesy for students at my training sessions (where I’ve been using the kit live), and from requests here on the blog because both B&H and I have been swamped with requests for all the details (the name of the stands, the exact type of clamps, the name of the diffusers, etc.), so they put together a kit where it’s all in one convenient place. Thought you’d like to know.
- Wondering about the whole HDR thing (and where Photoshop fits in?). PopSi just did an interesting article for people who maybe have heard the term, but don’t know much, if anything, about High Dynamic Range photography. If you’re totally new to HDR, it’s worth a quick read, by clicking here.
- Our buddy Se¡n Duggan (who writes for Photoshop User magazine, and has authored a number of books) is doing a weeklong hands-on workshop in late July at the wonderful Santa Fe Workshops out in Santa Fe, New Mexico. His workshop is called “The Creative Digital Darkroom” and the class is based upon a book he and Katrin Eismann are working on with the same title. Click here for more info and/or or register online.
- If you enjoy those Photoshop Retouching Before/Afters as much as I do, then check out this UK-based site called “RetouchMe.”
More news later on today, but I’ve got to get my son to school and then get to the office. Have a great Monday everybody!