Vacation’s over, and I’m back in the office today (it’s great to see all my friends again! Even though I needed the time off, I really missed my gang). Now, onto to today’s news:
- Well, you knew it had to happen, right? My new book “The iPhone Book” (shown above) is already on press and will be in bookstores shortly. It uses the same layout, style, and theme as my book “The Digital Photography Book” so if you have that book, you’ll feel right at home. Even better: I snagged the person who is arguably the world’s leading expert on the iPhone as my co-author; Terry White (from Terry White’s Tech Blog). Terry I and split the writing duties—each writing half the book (if you’re wondering how we chose who wrote what; it was easy—-I had Terry do all the hard chapters). You can pre0rder the book from Barnes&Noble.com, Amazon.com, or wherever way-cool books are sold.
- Our buddy, and Photoshp World Instructor Tim Grey is a guest on this week’s “Inside Digital Photo” radio Podcast, and talks about the recent 2nd annual Microsoft Pro Photo Summit, and in particular he talks about Microsoft Vista’s new HD photo format who’s goal is to provide compression without loss of quality (taking on JPEG head-to-head). Here’s the link to this week’s show, hosted by our good friend Scott Sheppard (you can listen right there on the site).
- Photographer Alan Hess, over at his Lexar Photography blog, posted a link to a video from “The Today Show” regarding the Faith Hill retouch I mentioned last week, and you just have to watch it (click here to go to Alan’s Blog, and you can watch the video right on his site). While you’re there, click this link to check out Alan’s live concert portfolio for some great images and inspiration.
- If you’re planning on going to the Photoshop World Conference & Expo this September, and you haven’t signed up yet, there’s only 10 days left to save $100 on a full conference pass using the “Early Bird Advance” registration, so I’d get on it.Also, one of our two hotels is already sold out (The Hotel at Mandalay Bay, which is the new upscale trendy hotel attached to the regular Mandalay Bay hotel), however we’re (all the staff and instructors) are staying at the regular Mandalay Bay hotel, and there are still rooms available, but I’d snag ‘em now if you want to stay with us. Visit the Photoshop World travel page for more details.Airfares to Vegas right now are dirt cheap now, too: For example, round trip flights from Chicago to Vegas are running as low as $183 (on Continental). From Dallas they’re $244 (on USAir), and from San Francisco they’re just $130 (on United). Hope to see you there!
- I found this on the PDN Pulse blog, and I think it’s not only a great idea, but a coming trend (as said as only an iPhone book author can. ;-)] Photographer Ceasar Lima has posted a version of his photography portfolio that is optimized to the perfect size to be viewed on an iPhone (check out this link to see how it looks, then follow the link there to see Caesar’s iPhone portfolio online. (personal note: I copied my portfolio directly onto my iPhone, so it’s easy for me to show other people when I’m right in front of them, but if you want people to see your portfolio on their iPhone, this is the ideal way).
That’s it for now folks. It’s great to be back in the saddle again, and I wish you all a wonderful Tuesday! :-)