This Can’t Be a Good Photo, Because…
…I’ve read enough from people in forums on the Web who have convinced me this isn’t a good shot because….
- (a) It was taken with a 6-megapixel consumer camera (the original Canon Digital Rebel) back in 2006
- (b) I shot it with the cheap kit lens that came with the camera
- (c)Â My camera was set to JPEG mode
- (d) It was taken on a $14.95 tripod (I forgot mine at home so I had to buy one at Walmart)
I’m going back there again soon on a family vacation, but this time I’m taking:
- (a) A Nikon D800 36-megapixel camera or my Nikon D4
- (b) A 14-24mm f/2.8 lens that along costs more than the camera, lens, and tripod I shot the image above with combined.
- (c) I’ll shoot in RAW mode and post-process the image in Lightroom 4
- (d) I’ll be using an Gitzo Carbon-fiber tripod with a Really Right Stuff BH-40 ball-head and I’ll have a cable release this time
But with all that cool gear and technology, I am pretty darn certain I won’t get nearly as good a shot.Â There’s a lesson in there somewhere. ;-)
Have a great weekend everybody, and here’s wishing you great shots no matter what gear you’re shooting with.