Thursday News Stuff
First, a big thanks to Senior Photoshop Product Manager John Nack for his Special Guest Blog yesterday, which resounded with so many of my readers. It was an honor to have John sharing his insights and perspective, and a point of view we don’t often get to hear. Now, onto some quick news stuff:
- Joe McNally has a great post on his blog about the new Nikon SB-900 Flash, and you’ve got to check it out (here’s the link). Also, Bob Krist does a great interview with Joe about travel photography in the June issue of Outdoor Photographer magazine (click here to read it online).
- Two new Online Classes have gone up at KelbyTraining.com; Part III of Dan Margulis’ Picture Postcard Workflow (here’s the link), and a new class from Rick Sammon about On Location Photography (here’s that link).
- Next week, on Photoshop User TV, we got a BIG giveaway; we’re giving some lucky viewer a complete Westcott Spiderlite “Scott Kelby Studio Kit” (including 2 TD-5 Spiderlites, two softboxes, a pop-up reversible background, and two lightstands. Watch this coming Monday’s show for details on how to enter (you can watch the show right on the site–click the Photoshop User TV link above).
- Our buddy, and Photoshop World instructor, Deke McClelland did a very clever thing that can only be described as a Photoshop Music Video, where he packs literally 101 Photoshop keyboard shortcuts into just five minutes (and better yet—he raps). It’s classic Deke, and here’s the link.
- The popular Mac web site, “The Mac Observer” did a review of my new book, “The Mac OS X Leopard Book,” and you can read it right here (spoiler; they gave it a five-star rating). :)
- NAPP’s Executive Director, Larry Becker, is featured interviewed on Mac Edition Radio, and you can listen in by clicking here.
That’s it for today. Have a kick-butt Thursday, and we’ll see ya tomorrow!