Thursday News Update (and who's teaching where)
Hi everybody. Here’s the latest:
- Every once in a while you come across a workshop that you’re just dying to attend, and for me, this is the one, as the world renowned Santa Fe Workshops heads down to the small historic Mexican town of San Miguel de Allende (see the shot above, by Raul Touzon) for a series of one-week photography workshops exploring personal vision, figure study, documentary story telling, travel photography, and portraiture.These workshops are lead by a who’s who of the world’s finest photography instructors and I want to go so badly that it’s killing me (so far my schedule won’t allow it, but if I can break away—-I’m going!). What an amazing opportunity! The details are right here!
- I just found out about FStop magazine yesterday (thanks Moose!) which is an online mag that is just dripping with cool. If you’ve got a minute, and you’d like some insights into some really wild/cool/deep/hip photography, click here and see for yourself.
- We’ve added a new city to my Lightroom Tour, and I’ll be coming to Washington, DC on Monday, September 10th, 2007 for a full day of Lightroom 1.1. training. If you want to snag a seat now, click here.
- Brilliant Photoshop and Painter Artist Faye Sirkis is going to be teaching a “Paint Like A Master Workshop!” workshop this summer at the Long Island Photo Workshops (click for details). (Note: Fay has a fantastic “Paint Like a Master” DVD out: click here for info on it, and if you’re going to Photoshop World, don’t miss seeing Fay live—she’s just amazing!)
- [Lame segue alert:] Speaking of Photoshop World, if you’re a photographer and you’re going to be at the conference, I want to let you know that we have a special “Photography Inspiration” track that isn’t about Photoshop; it’s about the creativity of the photography itself, with sessions from legends like Jay Maisel, Joe McNally, and Rick Sammon) among others. Also, don’t forget: tomorrow is the last day to save $100 with early registration if you haven’t signed up yet. Click here for details.
- I continue to be impressed with the folks over at LightroomGalleries.com, who are doing just an amazing job in creating wonderful, downloadable Flash-based galleries for Lightroom. Very cool stuff—click here to give them a visit.
- If you have a couple of minutes, check out this week’s episode of Terry White’s wonderful “Adobe Creative Suite Podcast,” where he shares some cool CS3 portrait retouching techniques. Click here to go there.
That’s it for today, folks. Have a good one! :)