Here’s waz up:
- One of my readers (I believe his name is Earl) posted a really useful comment here on Tuesday; he mentioned that on every removable drive he has (like a flash drive for example), he always puts a folder named “Property Of” and it contains his contact info. It’s how he got back a flash drive lost in a snowy parking lot. Anyway, I thought it was a great tip and I wanted to (a) pass it on, and (b) thank Earl for sharing it (I’m sending him a signed copy of my 7-point-system book).
- If you’re looking for a really unique photo workshop, with a famous photographer/trainer, check out the “Focus on Nature” workshops in Iceland. We’re talking big name trainers like Stephen Johnson, National Geographic photographer Chris Rainer, Rick Sammon, Vincent Versace, and John Paul Caponigro, among others.
- I saw Mark Johnson’s (from TheRadientVista.com) brand new book, Botanical Dreaming; Using Photoshop, your camera, and your heart to create inspiring images, and it’s just a beautiful book from top to bottom. His images of flowers are just stunning, and Katrin Eismann says of the book, “…Botanical Dreaming guides the reader on a journey of creative thinking, photographic insights, and valuable Photoshop tutorials with a well-written text and a variety of beautiful images.” Here’s the link to the book on Mark’s site.
- Photoshop World instructor Taz Tally just had a new class go live at KelbyTraining.com called “Creative Suite Integration.” If you’ve been waiting for a class on how to get the most out of working between the different Creative Suite apps; this is the one! Here’s a link to the list of lessons (and you can watch a free sample there, too).
- Here’s a schedule of Matt and my free classes on Monday, May 5th at B&H Photo’s Event Space in New York City (courtesy of NAPP and B&H Photo).
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm: Scott Kelby’s Photoshop CS3 Seven-Point System (sold out)
- 12:30 – 2:30 pm: Introduction to Lightroom (with Matt Kloskowski) (sold out)
- 3:00 – 5:00 pm: Scott Kelby’s Photoshop CS3 Seven-Point System (sold out)
- Matt’s also teaching his session: Tuesday from 12:30 – 2:30 pm.
- Corey Barker is teaching his Photoshop Channels Class on Tuesday from 10:00 – 12:00 pm, and then again on Wednesday from 12:30 – 2:30 pm.
- RC Concepcion is teaching a class on Wednesday morning from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm on Creating an Online Photo Gallery for photographers.
For more info, or to register for these FREE classes (space is VERY limited), click here.
That’s it for today. See ya tomorrow! :)