Good morning everybody. Here we go:
- First up: we’re expecting my new book, “The Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers” (shown above) to hit bookstores this week!!! If you haven’t ordered yours yet, you can order it now over at Barnes & Noble.com or Amazon.com, or you can find it in bookstores by this weekend.
- Larry Becker let me know that there’s a $100 rebate on Epson P-3000 units (those way cool photo viewing/photo storage units), and you can get the unit, and the rebate, over at B&H Photo. Here’s the link with the details (by the way, I have one of these which I use for backing up on location, and then seeing if I “got the shot” while still out on location. Once you have one—you’ll wonder how you lived without it).
- Remember last week when I mentioned that Stephanie Shimerdla over at Obsidian Dawn was going to create some custom brush sets just for NAPP members? Well, good news: the first set has been posted and they’re available for free download from the NAPP member Website.
- A buddy of mine was just asking me if there’s an easy way for him to get his many thousands of slides converted over to digital, (he’s all digital now and those slides are just sitting in boxes doing nothing). I told him it’s time to buy a slide scanner, block out a few weeks, and get to work. Well, as luck would have it, I ran across a new service today that will do the “dirty work” for him (or you), at a pretty reasonable price (starting at about .19Â¢ per 3,000 dpi slide scan). It’s called ScanCafe, and for all the details click here.
- If you’ve got a second, check out the work of NAPP member Joan West, who took the stretched-pixel effect (like the one I’ve been teaching in my Down & Dirty Tricks Session at Photoshop World) and did a very clever layout that combines the stretched version of the photo with an inset version of the same photo still in tact. It looks very cool. Click here to see her member portfolio (you don’t have to be a member to view her portfolio).
- The prestigious Lepp Institute of Digital Imaging is offering NAPP members a 15% discount to attend any of their workshops. Click here to see their schedule of upcoming workshops (including workshops from Ben Willmore and Fay Sirkis). For the special code you need to get the discount, visit the NAPP member’s Web site.
That’s it for today’s news. Have a great Tuesday! :)