Tuesday News Nuggets
Here’s what goin’ on:
- Nikon just intro’d a new DSLR (the Nikon D60—photo above courtesy of Nikon), and two new lenses (the wide-angle PC-E NIKKOR 24mm f/3.5D ED with perspective control, and AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens). Get the full scoop where I got it; Moose’s News Blog. (While you’re at Moose’s blog; make sure you scroll down a bit and check out some of the amazing shots he got in Yellowstone at their most recent DLWS workshop. Incredible!).
- If you’ve read this blog for any time at all, you already know I’m a Gitzo tripod freak, and if you’ve got the Gitzo fever, too; then check out the new Gitzo Tripod Configurator, which helps you find which Gitzo tripod is right for you based on how wealthy you are (OK, I’m kidding …but it doesn’t hurt). Actually, it helps you find the right tripod based on what kind of camera you have, what kind of lenses you use, and what kind shooting you do (it’s very well done). Here’s the link to configurate your day.
- Photoshop Boy Genius Matt Kloskowski has been creating some really useful Lighroom presets, and making them downloadable for free from his “Lightroom Killer Tips” site for a while now. Well, Matt’s presets have become so popular, that some folks who’ve been downloading them have formed a flickr group (open to everyone). Here’s the link to the flickr group (get on board now!).
- I don’t know this guy, but I love seeing this picture (click here).
- Lastly, I came across this photographer while on photographer Darrell Kincer’s blog, and this is truly amazing stuff (it’s underwater photography, by photographer Zena Holloway, and it’s among the very best I’ve seen of it’s kind). It’s a must-see (here’s the link). Stunning!
That’s it for today, folks! Make it a great one! :-)