Tuesday News Quickies
Hi everybody, he’s some quick Tuesday Stuff:
- A nice follow-up piece to my tutorials last week on making photo books, comes from Syl Arena who did a survey and research about photo book sources. Worth checking out (here’s the link).
- We released another very cool new online class at KelbyTraining.com; this one’s called “Classical Lighting and Posing Techniques with David Ziser (shown above).” His classes have been a HUGE hit with subscribers, because he has a way of just bringing things down to earth, and really making them stick. Here’s the link to all the lessons.
- This week’s “Quote of the Week” is from my buddy Matt Kloskowski, who was interviewed in Dave Cross’s “Finish the Sentence” segment. When asked the question, “If I could give one piece of advice it would be…” Matt replied, “…forget about the technical stuff sometimes. Don’t concentrate so much on histograms, 8-bit, 16-bit, JPEG/Raw, Adobe RGB vs. sRGB etc… Concentrate on what you’re seeing, take better photos and that stuff won’t be as crucial.“
- This one’s totally just for fun, but it’s worth seeing just to see the amount of effort that went into it. My book designer Jessica sent me this—-and well, you just gotta see it. Here’s the link (make sure you look at the high-res version).
- Lastly, renown outdoor photographer and educator Moose Peterson is at NAPP Headquarters this week, and I’m having him do a guest spot later today for an upcoming episode of Photoshop User TV. Let me know what you’d like to see Moose cover on the show, and maybe we can get him to talk about/demo/discuss it.
That’s it for today. Have a great Tuesday everybody!