Thursday News Stuff
Hi everybody. It’s Thursday—here’s what’s up:
- First, a big thanks to David Hobby for being my very special guest blogger yesterday. It truly was an honor having him on the blog, and from the comments from our readers, he was as big a hit as I knew he’d be. :)
- Quick update the on the MacBook Pro laptops from Apple. When you buy one of Apple’s new 17″ MacBook Pros (just introduced at Macworld Expo last week), you now have the option of a glossy or non-glossy screen. Although I’ve adjusted to the glossy screen on my 15″ MacBook Pro, I would still prefer a non-glossy screen, and if Apple offers that option on a 15″ anytime soon, I would have to switch. That being said; one of my readers turned me on to this; there’s a third party company called TechRestore that will replace your glossy screen with a matte screen for $199. Here’s the link to the story about them on ZDnet. (Note: If any of you have swapped screens using TechRestore, let me know about your experience).
- Friend of the blog Jason Moore has an interesting interview with Principal Photoshop Product Manager John Nack. It’s always so insightful to hear from John, and he brings a perspective on things we don’t always get to hear—definitely worth reading (here’s the link to Part 1).
- Just a reminder: our Lightroom Live Tour, with Matt Kloskowski, is coming to Covington, Kentucky on Jan. 23rd, and it’s going to be a great day of learning taught by one of the industry’s leading experts on Lightroom. If you want to attend, you can snag a seat right here.
- Terry Reinert has a review of a new iPhone/iPod Touch application that sounds like a very cool app for anyone into PhotoWalks. If you’ve got a second—check it out here.
- You may remember the mini-review I did of the Ray Flash, which is a ring-flash adapter that fits over your existing off-camera flash (like Nikon SB-800s, or Canon 580EX IIs). Anyway, in my review my only real critisicm was that I thought it was a bit too expensive, but now that’s changed. As of Jan. 1, 2009 the retail price is just $199 ($100 less than when I initially reviewed it). Now, it’s a no-brainer. Here’s the link with all the details.
That’s it for today. Hope you have a great Thursday!