Update: Yesterday You Guys Raised $10,617.64 For The Orphanage in Kenya!
My original goal was to try and sell 100 books, which would have meant $4,499 would go directly to the building of the orphanage, but I just got the final tally from yesterday sales and you guys bought 236 books, which raised $10,617.64 to help build the orphanage. Amazing!!!!
I’m humbled by your generosity and compassion, and I was so touched by some of the comments you guys posted yesterday, like:
- I am getting it shipped to Scotland, which took the price up to $65.99 – but it is worth it (and that is before I have even read the book!!)
- I already have the book on order with Kelby Training so I've mailed a check directly to CMCC today.
- I don't use Lightroom (yet!) but I've ordered a copy anyway.
- Well, I just bought the book and I don't even have Lightroom.
- I have already had a copy on backorder but I ordered another one for such a great cause. It will make a great present for someone!
- I just canceled an already running order (for a lower price) for this book and ordered it here.
- For the last month I've been thinking of pre-ordering this book. But for some reason, due to circumstances the purchase never materialized. Now I know why.
- Now, I've ordered the Lr 2.0 book and feel a bit guilty that I'm receiving this autographed title while you donate all your proceeds to this cause, so I also made out a little check to CMCC to help a little bit – it's not much, but I know the generous and kind nature of NAPP members, I'm sure they'll all add up.
- I was the photowalk leader in Fresno, CA so I will be getting a copy of the book but purchased another one so that I can help Scott support this effort.
- I've been waiting FOREVER for you to release this book! I'm glad I waited until now to buy it.
- Just ordered the book! Already have another one ordered, so I figure someone is getting a nice gift.
- I just ordered two copies. I'm going to keep one for myself, and give the other as a gift
- Oh, and I ordered your new Lightroom book today. I don’t use Lightroom but I figured if you are willing to donate the entire proceeds to this worthy cause, it was the least I could do.
Those are the words of some remarkably caring and giving people. Saying “thanks” is so inadequate for what you all did yesterday, but it’s the only word I have, so….Thanks. Yesterday you made a big difference in the life of some children who really needed us to help. Bless you all.