You Raised $10,075 For The Orphanage!!!!
My hat’s off to my wonderful readers, who once again have shown your heart and compassion for those less fortunate. From your book sales on Tuesday alone, we raised over $10,075 dollars (€7,028 / £6,513) to help finish construction on the Orphanage in Kenya. I can’t wait to show you the final shots when it’s complete, and the kids are moving in for the first time—what a day that will be!!!!!
This project has really touched the hearts of so many people, and I wanted to point out a few of my heroes from this week, like:
- Alan Allum, who had already pre-ordered the book, but went ahead and bought a 2nd copy for the cause. So did Joel from Jameson Studios. And Philip Doherty.
- And Ana Adams, who doesn’t have CS4, isn’t planning on upgrading anytime soon, but wanted to help so much she bought the book anyway (by the way, she’s a kick-butt photographer—check out her portfolio)
- Or Doug from InDisciple Design who not only ordered the book, but sent a long a little extra donation as well.
- I was just thrilled when my best buddy Dave Moser (NAPP’s Chief Operating Officer and a guy with a huge heart), kicked in $500 to help get this finished.
- I was beside myself when my book publisher, Peachpit Press, called me at home after reading the blog, and is sending Springs of Hope, Kenya a $1,000 donation to help finish the orphanage. Thanks Nancy, Scott, Ted, and everyone at Peachpit and New Riders—-I’m so proud to be one of your authors.
- Or how about Frank Weichmann, who is giving $100, every two weeks, for 20 weeks. Amazing!
And my thanks to everyone who bought the book Tuesday, knowing they could get it at least $25 dollars cheaper a dozen other places, but cared enough to spend the extra money to help these orphaned kids. I’m so touched that so many of you stepped up and made a difference with your generous support.
My humble thanks for coming along with me on this important journey, and helping to create something that will dramatically change the lives of some children who need our help so badly. You guys are the best!