Just a quick update on my “8th Annual Worldwide Photo Walk:”
(1) We now have Photo Walk organized in 280 cities around the world (and we just officially launched a few days ago!).
(2) Check out some of these awesome cities that just added walks:
- Egucigalpa, Honduras
- Clinton, Tennessee
- San Antonio, Columbia
- Elora, Ontario, Canada
- Tyler, Texas
- Marikina, Philippines
- Tooele, Utah
- Meridian Charter Township, Michigan
- Cairo, Egypt
- Ogunquit, Maine
- Manila, Philippines
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Kuala Lumpur
- Karmiel, Israel
- Paris, France
- Canon City, Colorado
- Sydney, Australia
How cool is that! More cities are being added daily.
(3) We are preparing a media kit that will probably go out today to help walk leaders publicize their walks, so keep an eye out for that in your email if you’re a Walk Leader.
(4) I just recorded six videos with camera tips, composition tips, gear tips, and a whole bunch more to help you get the most of your upcoming Photo Walk. You’ll get a link to those in a “Walk wide” email newsletter we’ll be sending out each week leading up to the Walk, so keep an eye out for it (the sender will be KelbyOne, that’s our online educational community).
(5) Have your ordered your “Official Photo Walk T-shirt?” Lot of folks wear these on the walks themselves, and so we see them everywhere. Why do so many people buy the t-shirts? Well, beside looking really cool, and being a souvenir from a really fun and memorable day, 100% of the profits go to the Springs of Hope Orphanage in Kenya (and who doesn’t want to help Orphans, right?). Here’s a link to order yours today.
(6) Is there a walk in a city near you? There’s only one way to find out. Go to the official site; click the “Find a Walk” button and search for your city. If there’s not one there, maybe you could lead one? You get a cool prize, and loves of love and affection for leading a way. Click the “Apply to Lead a Walk” button at the same link.
(7) There really isn’t a #7, but just having 6 sounded kinda cheesy. Hope you all have an awesome Tuesday. Don’t forget to spread the word about the walk to your friends, photo groups, online groups, group groups, Groupon, Groovy groups, Gravy groups, etc.
P.S. Here’s the link to sign up for a walk (it’s free). I know I already posted it somewhere in all that stuff, but I wanted to make it easy to find. Feel the love.