I know it’s early in the season, but it’s never too early to start sharing those all-important de-motivational moments that speak to football photographers in a way that only moments of non-greatness can. I hope you enjoy this series I created with some of my most non-glorious moments.
Above:Commitment. It has three “m’s.” It’s sticking with it, even if you know it’s wrong. It’s following the running back without second-guessing. It’s going where the Quarterback leads. It’s what makes #6 in my series of De-Motivational Posters.
Above:A lesson in sports photography or a lesson in life? Why can’t it be all three?
Above:I call it, “Courage.” If you take away the C and the e and the g, it’s oura. Creepy, right.”
Above:Remember, Focus is more than just a word — it’s a five-letter word. Think about it.)
Above:Imagine isn’t just a song. It’s a word, too. I created Number 3 in my series of de-motivational posters to inspire you to soar high to greater heights of towering highness up really high in the skyness.
Above:I created #4 in my series of de-motivational posters in hopes that it inspires you to inspire others about inspirational aspiration of inspiring impassioned inspiration and the perspiration that comes with not using deodorant.
I’m off to Los Angeles for my seminar Wednesday, so I’m out. I hope you have a totally motivating day of motivational motivationalness!
That’s right!!!! From our Guitar Raffle for Springs of Hope Orphanage in Kenya we raised a total of “$2,225.o0″ for the orphanage!!! Seriously, how sweet is that!!!!!! :)
I’m thrilled that we were able to raise that much and very thankful to ALL of you for helping to feed, clothe, educate, and bless these wonderful children. You guys have come through once again!!!! :) :) :)
Also, once again our congratulations to raffle winner Henry Heerscap (your guitar should be on the way this week!).
I know this isn’t about Photoshop or Photography, but everything doesn’t have to be about that, right? Great!
In that case, take a moment watch this short “Celebration of what it means to be a Princess today” with your daughter (you’ll be so glad you did). If she has a brother, you should have him watch it, too! :)
Hi Gang: We’ve been in the studio for two weeks straight now working on a big project for Kelby Training Online that we’ll be launching this fall, but even though we’ve all been pretty much heads down working on that, lots of other stuff is still rolling, so here’s just a few quick things:
(1)Yesterday we launched a NEW WEEKLY SHOW called “Photography Tips & Tricks” We call it “Photo TNT” for short, and you can watch the currently streaming version right here (you jump in wherever it’s at in the show), or later today we’ll have the on-demand version online. It’s hosted by RC, Matt, Larry, Pete and Me and it’s just a series a quick tips and tricks — straight and right to the point. Hope you’ll check it out (and if you don’t mind helping us spread the word about it, that would be awesome!). The site to watch on-demand will be http://kelbytv.com/photographytnt/
(2) A lot of folks asking about the Nikon D600 for shooting sports. Although it did great job as my 2nd body for the Titans game last week, if you remember my concern was that at 5.5 frames per second, it was a little slow. I was hoping by adding a battery grip I could get it up to 8 frames per second (like you could with the D700, which I believe this camera replaces). So far, what I’ve been able to dig up: the battery grip for the D600 doesn’t add fps. More if I hear anything more. Still an amazing camera for the price (it pretty much does what the D3x did (24 megapixels) for about 1/4 the price, and it has more features).
(3) This weekend I’m shooting the Redskins/Bucs game on the sidelines I’ll post some of my favorites (providing I have favorites) here next week. Looking forward to shooting RGIII (what an athlete!). However….GO BUCS!
(4) Check out Matt Kloskowski’s “Ski Report” It’s Matt’s new blog where he gets to talk about more than just Lightroom, and he’s got some great stuff on there about his shoot out West with the D800E and the just-announced Photoshop Elements 11. Here’s the link.
(5) Do you live in LA? Do you live near Los Angeles? Do you want to hang out with me on Wednesday and learn some really cool new Photoshop stuff? Awesome! Here’s the link.(I have a video there that explains what I’m teaching in the tour).
(6) My birthday was back in July Yet I still don’t know who sent me that picnic basket. :(
(7) Back up the photos on your cell phone I’ll bet your DSLR photos are backed up, but when was the last time you backed up the photos on your cell phone? A lot of these might be shots of your family and shots that are irreplaceable. Today’s a good day to do a quick back-up of those cell-phone photos. It’ll take you five minutes. Do it now. :)
(8) Quick Photo Walk Update: We have over 1,200 cities with over 23,000 walkers signed up if you haven’t signed up to join your local walk…..what are you waiting for? It’s free and I promise you’ll love the experience. Also, Monday is the last day to apply to lead a city as part of my worldwide photo walk so if you were thinking of it, do it now. Also, Here’s the link to join a walk, or lead a walk. See you Saturday, October 13th. :)
(9) We have a ton of FREE training and fun stuff on YouTube We have a free Kelby Media Group YouTube channel, including lots of classes from the Google+ Photographers conference, and sneak peeks at classes, tutorials, all the episodes of “The Grid” and a bunch of just fun or funny stuff. Here’s the link (you can subscribe for free and then you’ll know when we post new stuff).
(10) If you missed my“Light it, Shoot it, Retouch it” LIVE tour…. ….you can now watch the entire seminar, from start to finish, and get the same tour workbook (in color no less), plus all freebies I gave out for attendees, no matter where you are as the seminar is now available as a download (just like you’d buy a movie online to download), for just $49.95. I put a one-minute video about it below that gives you the full scoop.
That’s it from a rainy day in Tampa. Hope you have a great weekend, and be sure to welcome the regular refs back to your local NFL field (all the replacement refs have returned to Foot Locker).
Worldwide Photo Walk We’re just a couple of weeks away from the Fifth Annual Scott Kelby Worldwide Photo Walk on October 13! Earlier this week we did a webcast (which you can watch above) to share some tips and answer some of your questions.
Tomorrow is the last day we’ll be approving new walks. So if you don’t see one in your area and want to lead one, you can apply right here.
And, if you want to help promote the walk, here are a couple of web banners you can put on your blog or website!
If you have any questions about anything Photo Walk related, EMAIL PHOTOWALK@KELBYMEDIAGROUP.COM for the fastest response rather than leaving a comment here.
There are nearly 1,200 Photo Walks taking place around the world, and over 22,000 people have registered so far. Help us spread the word to make this one of the best events yet!
Photoshop CS6 for Photographers Seminar Scott Kelby is heading to Los Angeles on October 3 for the Photoshop CS6 for Photographers Tour! Join Scott for the day to get tips and tricks for finishing your photographs in the digital darkroom of Photoshop.
We’re giving away a free ticket to this seminar, so leave a comment for your chance to win!
One Light, Two Light with Joe McNally Joe McNally is in Atlanta tomorrow, September 28 with his One Light, Two Light seminar! We’re giving away one more ticket to this seminar, so leave a comment and I’ll pick a winner later today. Or you can still sign up right here.
KelbyTraining.com Two brand new classes have just been added to the KelbyTraining.com library…
First up is The Art of Dance Photography, the latest from Frank Doorhof! This class covers everything from arranging locations and models to adding drama and mood to your photos using color, light, and props.
Next is Fashion Lighting 1, 2, 3 with Lindsay Adler! In this class, Lindsay gets very creative with light modifiers and a variety of lighting setups.
I’ll be honest… If you’re interested in any sort of creative photography, both of these classes will help you come up with great ideas for beautiful images. It doesn’t matter if you’re not even a little bit interested in dance or fashion photography. You’ll learn something that you can apply to any type of photography that uses lighting. Check em out at KelbyTraining.com!
The Moose Cruise with B&H in NYC Moose Peterson is teaming up with B&H and taking to the waters surrounding Manhattan on October 18 for a three hour tour (a three hour tour…): The Moose Cruise!
If you’ve ever wanted to get up close to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, photograph from underneath the Brooklyn Bridge, or just try out some gear from Nikon, Canon, Oben, and others, well… This is your chance!
Not only is this a great photographic opportunity, but Circle Line is offering tickets at a discounted price of $25! Moose has let us know that space is limited and filling up quickly already, so sign up now!
Farewell To Summer Photo Contest The team over at Samy’s Camera is giving away a $500 gift card to one lucky person! All you have to do is enter a photo that best captures the essence of summer. It will go on Samy’s Facebook page, where anyone can vote for their favorite picture. The top three most voted-on photos will be selected to be judged by a panel of judges, then awarded 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. And all three of them get gift cards!
You can get all the info and enter your photo right here.