Tuesday News Quickies
Hi Gang. It’s Tuesday–here’s what’s up:
- Even though I provide a detailed step-by-step workbook for people who come to my Lightroom 2 Tour, a lot of folks still take their own notes, on in the case of Amanda Kern (A professor of Graphics Technology, at Valencia Community College), they create SketchNotes (like the one seen above, which Amanda created during the day). She posted a number of these SketchNotes from the day on her blog, and they’re just so clever I thought you’d get a kick out of seeing them (here’s the link). Thanks Amanda, for letting me share these ¼ber-doodles with my readers.
- Yesterday my Photoshop User TV co-host Dave Cross posted a link to a downloads page within Adobe where you can download some of the filters and things Adobe quietly removed in Photoshop CS4 (things like Extract, Pattern Maker, and Picture Package [contact sheet II] among others). Here’s the link to Dave’s article.
- Last night we announced the winners of our ‘iPhone Photo Contest,” and you can check out the category winners (chosen by your votes), and the Grand Prize Winning Shot (which is pretty darn amazing), by clicking right here.
- One of my readers, Jim Geduldick, turned me onto this video of a Photoshop retouch by Aaron Nace of ARFotography, and it’s just pretty cool to check out. It doesn’t really show you how he did it; it’s more of a time-lapse thing, but it’s very short and worth checking out to see how it unfolds. Very well done. Here’s that link.
- If you’re a photographer with either an iPhone or an iPod touch, check out this cool downloadable application for photographer’s called PhotoBuddy, which is basically a utility that, in the words of tech guru Terry White, “â¦aims to be your photo assistant.” Terry has a full review of it on his tech blog, and it’s looks pretty darn sweet. Here’s the link.
It’s kind of a quiet day, so that’s it for me today. Have a great Tuesday everybody!