The Monday News Thingy
Good Monday everybody!!!
First, a quick thanks to everyone who came out to the Atlanta stop on my Lightroom Tour last Friday. I met some really great people (they definitely rolled out the Southern Hospitality), and I really had a great time all the way around. Thanks for making me feel so at home up there. :-) Now, onto the news thingy:
- Congrats go out to our friend, digital video genius, and Photoshop World instuctor Richard Harrington, the proud daddy to an adorable bouncing baby girl (Mom and baby are doing just great) Way to go, dad!!!! They named the baby “Sorenson Codec Harrington” (not really, but you know he probably considered it).
- By now you’ve heard that Adobe released a major update to Camera Raw, and the new 4.1 adds a number of very cool features. Well, Jeff Schewe over at PhotoshopNews.com did a wonderful in-depth article on all the new features and if you use Camera Raw, this is absolutely a must-read article. Click here to go there.
- I’m up in New York on Thursday with my Lightroom Tour, at the Jacob Javits Center. If you haven’t signed up yet, click here to get on board with the New Digital Photography Workflow using Lightroom and Photoshop CS3. :-)
- If you haven’t downloaded the free Adobe Media Gallery (AMG) for creating Flash and HTML Web Galleries from directly within the CS3 Bridge, it’s really well done and a big improvement on anything Photoshop’s offered before. You can (Note: you’ll need the download it from Adobe Labs.free update to Bridge 2.1 before you can use AMG, so download that first, then download AMG).
- Next week I begin my week-long workshop at the amazing Santa Fe Workshops in Santa Fe New Mexico. If you’ve never had the chance to take a workshop there—I highly recommend it. I can tell you, as an instructor, teaching there is one of the most fun, energetic, exhausting, and exhilarating experiences an educator can have. One can only imagine what an incredible experience it must be for a student to learn in such an energy-charged creative environment). It’s a first class educational experience top-to-bottom and if you’re serious about photography, or Photoshop, or both, click this link to see the list of their upcoming classes for the rest of 2007.
That’s it for now, gang! Have a great Monday (well, have the best Monday you can), and we’ll talk again tomorrow. :)