Friday News Wrap-up (P.S. I’m Back, Baby!)
That’s right—I’ve bounced back from “the ickies,” I’m back in the office today, and boy is great to feel good!!! Whooo Hoo!!!!! :) Now, for some Friday news stuffage:
- First, yesterday Steve Beck, (one of my blog readers who was sick at home, too, and wanted to lift my spirits with some inspirational photography) sent me this link to the photography of Rarindra Prakarsa from Jakarta, Indonesia. His work just made me say, out loud, WOW! If you are a lover of gorgeous light, wonderful composition, and some tasty Photoshop work, this photographer’s images (some thumbnails are shown above, which don’t do his work any justice–you’ve got to see them large) will speak to your soul. Thanks to Steve, for brightening my day yesterday, and hopefully many more folks today. (Here’s the link again, just in case).
- Next, the DSLR Dad site has pointed out what must be the “Jump to Photoshop CS3″ Deal of the decade. If you know anyone who has dreamed of using “the real deal,” but didn’t have quite enough cash, then check out this deal before it’s too late.
- John Nack, over at John Nack on Adobe, posted that the ACE Exam for Photoshop CS3 is now available. Here’s the link with more info.
- If you’re a Font Freak (like me), then check out this new font called “Sweetheart Script”, from Typadelic. You can see it in MyFonts.com’s newsletter (they’re where I buy most of my type these days). Here’s the link to their Feb. newsletter (it’s a regular Web page), which features a large sample of the font, and link to other stuff. (The font’s only $19 bucks. I had to buy it. Don’t tell my wife. Oh, actually it’s OK. She’s a font freak, too!).
- Hey, if you want to go to the upcoming Photoshop World Conference & Expo coming up in April (the 2nd thru 4th, in Orlando, Florida), on the cheap, then save $100 by registering before the Early Bird Cutoff on Feb. 29, 2008 (Leap Year day). Here’s the link to sign up now, while the gettin’s good!
- Want to know more about Adobe’s DNG Raw format? Terry White, over at the Creative Suite Podcast, has a 12-minute video tutorial called “Why DNG” that will show you all the ins-and-outs (here’s the link), and Derrick Story has a fascinating audio interview on his Podcast with Adobe’s Julianne Kost on DNG, and what it’s all about. Here’s the link to Julieanne’s interview.
- Just a quick word of thanks to everyone here who sent their “Get Well” wishes this past week. I know this sounds silly, but it really meant a lot.
- Monday Warning: On Monday I’m posting a story that isn’t about photography or Photoshop, it’s more about life and business, and the people we meet in both. It’s from a real life event that happened to me that helped shape my entire career, and as you might expect; there’s a message in there (but you’ll have to read it to get it). It’s more personal than what I usually write here, and took a lot longer to write as well, but hey—I was sick in bed, right? Just so you know; I get reflective when I get a really bad sinus infection. ;-)
Well, that wraps up this “week of sicky sickness,” and we’ll see you all next week! Stay healthy everybody, and in the immortal words of Nick Feldman and Jack Hues, “Everybody Have Fun Tonight….Everybody Wang Chung Tonight.” Truly, words to live by. Peace out. Word. Etc..