Friday Wrap Up
Here’s what’s happening:
- Just a quick note: I’m taking some vacation time off with my family starting on Monday, as we head to a small cabin in Maine for a couple of weeks. I’m going to do a lot of shooting while I’m up there, with family and friends, and I’ll probably be posting some shots, but the news posts will be pretty sporadic for the next two weeks. If I get any decent shots I’ll post them here on the blog.
- I found this site, which offers very cool free Photoshop brushes, on the CreativeGuy.com blog (a really great blog by the way), and this collection of brushes is one of the best I’ve seen. If you’re into custom brushes, and into getting them absolutely free, then click right here.
- There’s an interesting article over at PDN’s site on getting photo releases for property shots. It’s actually an excerpt from the book “The Photographer’s Legal Handbook” by Nancy Wolff. Click here to read the excerpt online.
- Remember last week when I mentioned my buddy Jeff Revell’s photography blog? Well this week you can learn more about Jeff, as he’s been profiled over at Jason Moore’s excellent Photoshop and Photography blog. I really like the way Jason profiles photographers because it gives you some real insight into the person behind the lens. Click here to check out Jeff’s profile.
- If you’re thinking about an iPhone, make a quick trip to Terry White’s Tech Blog today to read his post “Do I Still Like My iPhone?” which are his comments after one week of using it extensively. In a related note; Terry’s in-depth review of the iPhone (also on this tech blog), has become so popular that it’s taken on a life of its own, being linked to from all over the world (if you haven’t read it, make sure you scroll down and check it out—it’s very complete. (By the way; I’ve had my iPhone for a week now and I like it more every day. In fact, at this point I couldn’t go back to my old phone).
- If you’re thinking about coming to Photoshop World Conference & Expo this fall (Sept. 6-8, 2007), here’s a couple of things to keep in mind: (1) There’s only 28 days left to take advantage of the $100 off early bird registration offer. (2) All the instructors and staff are staying at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino (our host hotel), and we have blocked some rooms there for our attendees, but they’re filling up fast. If you miss out on snagging rooms there, try the Luxor which is right next door and connected to the Mandalay Bay by free monorail. (3) Some of the optional pre-conference sessions are already starting to sell out, so if you’re going, and you want to attend a precon (Dan Margulis has a very intesting new precon on Lab Color called “Lab in Depth”), make sure you reserve a space now. Go to the Photoshop World Web site for more details.
- The Santa Fe Workshops just yesterday announced an amazing opportunity; a Location Photography and Lighting workshop with Joe McNally & Jerry Courvoisier in Milan Italy, from September 30 – October 5, 2007. Joe will be doing the lighting part, while Jerry (who is teaching at Photoshop World this September for the first time), is doing the Photoshop training, and I have to tell you—it just sounds like an amazing experience all the way around. Here’s a link to a page with all the details.
That’s it for today. I’ve got a studio shoot today for my new “CS3 for Digital Photographers” online course that’s going live a few weeks over at PhotoshopTraining.com, and I’m doing a shoot for a new book I’ll announce here on the site next week. Have a great weekend everybody! :-)