Quick Worldwide Photo Walk Update
Hi Gang and greetings from sunny (hot) San Antonio, Texas where I’m doing my “Shoot Like a Pro” tour here today for around 400 photographers. Here’s what up since our official announce on Monday:
(1) We have nearly 490 cities with Photo Walks organized
(2) We have other 4,000 photographers signed up for these walks
(3) We just added some cool new cities: Like Arroyo Grande, California, Bremen HD Deutschland, and Princeton, New Jersey with more being added every day
(4) If you applied to lead a walk and you’re still waiting to hear your approval status, it’s just because it takes a while to individually approve each request from cities literally all over the world. Don’t worry — we’re chipping away at the mountain of requests.
(5) I was hoping to do a post today about all the prizes, but new ones keep coming in, so it’ll have to be next week, but the prize list is getting pretty amazing. More to come on that soon.
(6) We’ve created a special flickr group just for walkers to add another level of interaction between walkers around the world. Our own RC Concepcion did a short video that shows how you join the group and stay connected. The video is below:
(7) You can follow the official Worldwide Photo Walk Facebook page here (link). Or our Google+ page here (link), or find us on Twitter here (link), but honestly our Twitter presence is a little….well…it’s…let’s say we could use some followers (ahem). It’s probably better if you just search on Twitter under the hashtag #WWPW.
For more info, or to find a city to join a walk near you, or to apply to lead a walk yourself, or if you’re just bored and have some time on your hands, visit the official Worldwide Photo Walk site (link).
Cheers everybody, and have a safe, happy, fun weekend.
P.S. Hope to see a whole bunch of you in Indianapolis next Wednesday (link)