Wednesday News Stuff
It’s Wednesday; here’s what’s up:
- Ben Willmore sent me a link to a video demo he did on the Think Tank holster belt-based system I mentioned last week, but it was Ben’s comment, that “I’d rather change camera brands than use a different bag system… it’s that good.” That really made an impact with me. Here’s the link to watch Ben’s review on YouTube.
- If you’re ready for one of those once-in-a-lifetime photo workshops, here’s one I’d love to take; it’s Santa Fe Workshop’s “Australian Photographic Journey,” hosted by Jerry and Julie Courvoisier, coming up on November 7 – 17, 2007. It just sounds like an amazing experience, and the details are right here.
- I recently got a really fascinating photography book, called “In Katrina’s Wake: Portraits of Loss From An Unnatural Disaster” by Chris Jordan (shown above). It’s really surprising in how it creates images that are almost beautiful out of such a tragic event. It really shows a side of Katrina that I, for one, had never considered, and you can see some of these images on Chris’ web site. However, I encourage you check out his “Running the Numbers” gallery while you’re there, which uses a very clever method to relay his message. It’s pretty amazing, and well worth the visit. Here’s the link to Chris’ photography.
- Don’t miss next week’s episode of Photoshop User TV, as our special in-studio guest is renowned outdoor photographer Moose Peterson, and he brought along the newly announced Nikon D3, and he gives a quick demo on some of its coolest features. The show will be posted on Monday afternoon at PhotoshopUserTV.com
- UPDATE: Don’t miss the current issue of Photoshop User TV, with special guest Wedding Guru David Ziser. David showed us more cool stuff than we could actually fit on the show, so we’ve created a special bonus segment with him, that’s only available on the Web. Here’s the link.
That’s what’s goin’ on. Have a great Wednesday everybody! :)