It’s Pimpy Thursday!
Hey gang, Brad here with the news for this week:
TOMORROW is the LIVE NAPP webcast featuring Dave Cross and Corey Barker sponsored by Dell! They’ll be taking the stage to present a bevy (yes, bevy) of their coolest Photoshop Tips & Tricks, plus it’s open to the public, plus plus they’re giving away FREE prizes! So register now for your chance to win, then tune in tomorrow at NOON Eastern on that same page.
Matt Kloskowski will be bringing the Photoshop for Digital Photographers seminar to the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle on November 18! You can get all the details and sign up right here.
Speaking of Matt, episode 56 of DTown TV with he and Scott Kelby will be going up soon right here. Here’s what’s in the next episode:
- Matt and Scott discuss using different types of autofocus for different situations
- Moose Peterson’s amazing new wildlife photography book, Captured, is now in stock at Amazon and Barnes & Noble!
- Larry Becker has a Cheap Shots tip on “photographer’s shirts” as an alternative to photo vests
- Check out the brand new Larry’s Cheap Shots blog!
- Scott’s in the photo studio with a tip on using v-flats reflectors as backgrounds
- Cliff Mautner shares how he stays motivated when photographing tons of weddings every year
- Check out the work of aviation photographer Tyson V. Rininger!
There’s still time to vote and/or enter in the free Kelby TV photo contest sponsored by Dell and Intel! The winner will receive a brand new Dell Precision M6500 laptop (the same laptop used in Photoshop Wars at Photoshop World)! Visit KelbyTV.com/photocontest by October 31 to vote and enter. (Voting is open to everyone, submissions open to U.S. residents)
Looking for a great way to present your portfolio on your iPad? Jason Lykins recently did a review on the “Portfolio for iPad” app over on BestAppSite.com. Check it out!
That’s it for today. Swing by tomorrow for some BIG news, and for a cool story about a gray card (yes, gray cards can be cool ;) )!