I just boarded my flight home from what can only be described as a perfect day of sports shooting. I’m at full happy. :)
I got up early and caught the first flight out to Chicago today to join my buddy Mike McCaskey for a day of shooting the Chicago Cubs at the wonderful Wrigley Field. We had all access photo creds, and just had a field day (no pun intended). The iPhone photo of me above, after the game, was taken by Mike.
I’m getting home late, so I won’t have time to blog tonight, or look to see if I got any shots (didn’t bring my laptop), but I hope to have a post with shots and more details tomorrow.
They’re going to close the cabin doors so I gotta run.
Have a great Monday, and I’ll check in with ya tomorrow right here. :)
P.S. I got the upgrade! This day keeps gettin’ better and better! Whoo hoo!!!
One of my most-asked questions during my last two Lightroom seminars was “How do I get my photos out of iPhoto and into Lightroom.” Matt got a lot of the same questions during his stops as well, so I asked Matt if he would do a short video for our students on how to make the move painless.
That video is up live over at Matt’s LightroomKillerTips.com site (Here’s the link). Thanks Matt! :)
I just got the list of what the winner of the “Vincent Versace Award for Excellence in Digital Photography” (Affectionately known as “The Vinny”) which is awarded during the opening keynote presentation at the Photoshop World Conference & Expo), coming up next month in Las Vegas, and it is hands down, one of the most amazing photo competition prize packages in our entire industry!
Here’s what “The Vinny” winner will win:
An Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer
An Xrite Color Munki and Passport
A Dynalite Strobe Kit
A Westcott 5 in 1 Reflector
The Complete Collection of onOne Software’s Photoshop plug-ins
The Complete Collection of Nik Software’s Photoshop Plug0ins
All of Acme Educational’s tutorial DVDs
A Hoodman Camera Loupe
An Induro Carbon Fiber Tripod
A Wacom Bluetooth Tablet
An Expo disc
A Laser Etched Customized 13×19 Pina Zangaro portfolio
Lexar Compact Flash cards
A Lowepro Slingshot bag
Tuition to any workshop at Maine Media workshop
Tuition to Photofusion at Palm Beach Photographic Workshops
1 year subscription to Kelby Training Online
A signed copy of Vincent’s new book (coming out in October)
A signed copy of David Duchemin’s latest book
A signed print 24×30? Versace print
An individual serving packet of Vegemite.
Adobe Photoshop CS5
The competition is open to all attendees of the Photoshop World Conference & Expo (there’s no entry fee for registered conference attendees), and the presentation of the award takes place during the opening keynote on the morning of March 26th (the Vinny Award is a special category and every one that enters the photography category as part of the Photoshop World Guru Awards is eligible to win. The winner of the Vinny is chosen by Mr. Versace himself).
Beyond the prizes themselves, winning the prestigious Vinny Award has launched the careers of a number of well known names (including NAPP’s own Corey Barker, and Photoshop World instructor, retoucher and photographer David Cuerdon, just to name a few). If you’re going to Photoshop World, you’ve got to enter the competition (there is no entry fee), so there’s no reason not to enter.
Here’s where you’ll find the official rules and how to enter the Guru Awards competition, and qualify your photo to be up for the Vinny Award.
Hey gang, Brad here with a few updates on books, events, and all sorts of stuff!
- First off, if you haven’t already ordered Scott’s new Lightroom 3 Book for Photographers, you can do so right here. If you purchase through that link, you’ll also get a free Killer Presets CD from Matt Kloskowski! We haven’t gotten our copies just yet, but we’re expecting them ANY DAY, so order now!
- Speaking of Lightroom, make sure you check out the dates for the Lightroom Live Tour. Scott’s coming to Fort Lauderdale and New York, and Matt’s coming to Boston, Los Angeles, and San Francisco all this month!
- If you are a NAPP member, you will definitely want to check out the LIVE Members Only Webinar tomorrow, July 9th from 3:00-4:00 pm Eastern. Matt, Dave, Corey, and RC will all be hanging out and answering your questions live, right on the spot. Nothing pre-planned, no mapped out lessons. Just you and them, getting through as many questions as they can in an hour! All the info (and live feed when it happens), right here.
- If you haven’t already signed up for Photoshop World Las Vegas, you can get registered right here. Also, we have the best room rate we’ve ever had at Mandalay Bay at only $129 per night!
- Have you checked out KelbyTraining.com lately? We’re adding new classes every week, including Moose Peterson’s “Nature Photography – Shorebirds,” RC Concepcion’s “Lightroom 3 for the Web,” Dan Margulis’ “There Are No Bad Originals,” and Matt Kloskowski’s “Lightroom 3 In Depth, Part 3 – Printing and Showing Off Your Photos.” Also, keep an eye out for upcoming classes from adventure photographer Tom Bol!
- And if you haven’t signed up for the 3rd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk yet, it’s not too late! Go here and type in your location to find a walk near you!
That’s it for today, and make sure you check out today’s guest blog from celebrity and fashion photographer John Wright!