It’s Free Stuff Thursday!
The “Vinnie” Award At Photoshop World Atlanta
At the upcoming Photoshop World in AtlantaÂ April 8-11, one lucky person will receive the Vincent Versace Award for Digital Photographic Excellence.Â It is a bi-annual award in which the goal is to remove as close to every technological obstacle there is that keeps a photographer from stepping up to the next level in their artistic evolution.Â This occurs through the continuing generosity and longtime commitment of the corporate sponsors of this award and the belief in helping contribute to the evolution of the creative who wins. This is the best and biggest Vinnie award since itâ€™s inception!
This Photoshop World the winner will receive:
- Nikon D610 camera (NEW to the Vinnie!)
- Epson 3000 printer
- 1-year subscription the entire Adobe Creative Suite
- Atomos Ninja 2 external video reorder for DSLRs (NEW to the Vinnie!)An Xrite Color Munki and Color Picker Color Checker
- Induro C314 carbon fiber tripod and BH2 ball head
- Lowepro Slingshot Camera bag
- Maine Media Workshopâ€™s offer for the winner to attend one of my Maine Media Workshopâ€™s Workshops (plane fare and hotel accommodations not included) (Welcoming back to the Vinnie!)
- Wacom Intous tablet
- Lexar 32 Gig UDMA flash card
- Westcott 30-inch 6 â€“in 1 reflector set
- ExpoDisc White balancing disc
- Upstrap Camera Strap (NEW to the Vinnie!)
- The Complete onOne software suite
- The Complete Nik Software Collection by Google
- 1-yearÂ KelbyOne.comÂ membership
- One year subscription to Lynda.com (NEW to the Vinnie!)
- Hoodman Loupe
- 13×19″ Pina Zangaro custom portfolio
- Signed Vincent Versace 24×30″ print
- Signed copy of From Oz to Kansas
- Whatever crumpled up cash Vinnie have in my pocket
- A jam packet that Vinnie will personally stealÂ from that morningâ€™s breakfast
- The magic â€œLint of Creativityâ€ from Bert Monroyâ€™s pocket
Good luck to all who entered, and be sure to wish Vinny a happy birthday on April 8!
Want to spend a day withÂ Scott Kelby,Â Matt Kloskowski,Â RC Concepcion, orÂ Ben Willmore? Check out these seminar tours!
Shoot Like A Pro with Scott Kelby
Mar 28 â€“ Minneapolis, MN (tomorrow!)
Apr 14 â€“ Salt Lake City, UT
May 13 â€“ Portland, OR
Lightroom 5 Live with Matt Kloskowski
Mar 31 â€“ Indianapolis, IN
Apr 2 â€“ Columbus, OH
Photoshop for Photographers with RC Concepcion
Apr 11 â€“ Washington, DC
May 20 â€“ Hartford, CT
Photoshop Creativity with Ben Willmore
Apr 16 â€“ Chicago, IL
May 7 â€“ Philadelphia, PA
May 9 â€“ South San Francisco, CA
May 28 â€“ Sacramento, CA
You can check out theÂ full scheduleÂ for seminars through March!Â And leave a comment for your chance to win a ticket to one of these events!
Photographing The Moon, Stars, and Milky Way with Jennifer Wu
Landscape photography doesnâ€™t end when the sun goes down! Join Jennifer Wu, a Canon Explorer of Light, as she guides you through everything you need to know to start photographing stars and the night sky in Photographing The Moon, Stars, and Milky Way. Youâ€™ll learn about the equipment you need to capture the scene, how to research your subjects, the importance of scouting your location, the key camera settings, how to post process your photographs, and so much more!
Leave a comment for your chance to see this class for free!
Frank Doorhof New York City Workshop
On May 3, Frank Doorhof will be hosting aÂ workshop in New York CityÂ at a great location that will combine studio work, shooting with natural light, and even shooting on top of a building.
The group is limited so there is a lot of time for personal attention. This will be a learning frenzy with loads of tips and tricks on lighting, coaching the models, getting the right expression, natural light, strobes, mixing light sources, telling a story, building a brand, retouching and much much more.
There are only a few openings left, soÂ click hereÂ to book your ticket for the workshop you donâ€™t want to miss!
Leave a comment for your chance to win a copy of Frankâ€™s book,Â Mastering The Model Shoot!
Last Week’s Winner
KelbyOne Live Ticket
If you’re the lucky winner, we’ll be in touch soon. Have a great Thursday!