Monday News Update
Hi everybody! Here’s what’s up:
- This is amazing: I found this link on PhotoDoto.com, and it’s to a short video clip from the TED conference that shows an engineer from Microsoft demoing some new imaging technology developed by a company that Microsoft recently acquired. It’s a peek at the near future, and definitely worth checking out (it pretty much blew me away). Click here to watch the clip.
- My publisher contacted me this week to let me know that the Chinese translation of my book, “The Digital Photography Book” is the #1 bestselling photography book in China (the graphic above is from the Chinese publisher). I have a friend who speaks simplified Chinese, and I asked him to translate the ad, and that’s when I found out why it’s #1. Apparently they had to slightly change the title of the book for it to appeal to the vast Chinese market, so in China the book is called, “How to pick up women.” (OK, I made up that last part, but I bet it would sell better with that title).
- Larry Becker turned me on to this image in a NAPP member Mike Goodwin’s online portfolio (NAPP members get a free online portfolio that’s visible to the public), and you really have to admire the retouching job he did. He shot a car on the floor of an Auto show, and then did a pretty masterful job of isolating the car and putting it on a studio background created right in Photoshop. Click here to check it out.
- While I was over at PhotoDoto.com this weekend, another post caught my eye; a link to a site where you can find camera manuals for just about every make and model digital camera ever made. It’s pretty useful, especially if you’ve either misplaced your manual, or you’ve bought (or are thinking about buying) a used digital camera. It’s over at CameraTown.com.
- Just a quick reminder; if you’re thinking of going to Photoshop World (Sept 6-8, 2007 in Vegas) you only have until Friday to register early and save $100. Here’s the link.
Well gang, that’s it for this Monday. Have a good one! :)