Here’s a couple of quick things:
- Corey Barker has just launched an online course called “Adobe Illustrator Down & Dirty Tricks” and if you’re into Illustrator–you’ve got to check this out (Corey is just a wizard at Illustrator, and he’s got some amazing techniques). Get the full details (or sign up for the class) at photoshoptraining.com (don’t forget: NAPP members get a HUGE discount on these courses).P.S. While you’re there, check out Matt’s online Lightroom 1.1 course).
- Mikkel Aaland just released a book that looks really interesting called “Photoshop Lightroom Adventure” which includes case studies from a demanding road test in Iceland (you’ve probably heard about this Icelandic adventure that Adobe sponsored earlier this year, and this book grew out of that amazing trip). Here’s a link to the book (published by O’Reilly Publishing).
- Remember how I mentioned those cool brush sets from Obsidian Dawn earlier this week? Well, as soon as I posted that, my NAPP crew wrote to tell me that they had already been working on a special deal with Stephanie Shimerdla (the artist behind the site), who will be providing exclusive custom brush sets every few weeks just for NAPP members. Check the member home page for more details (see what happens when I go away for a few weeks? I should do that more often, eh?).
- Just a reminder: only 7-days left to save $100 on Photoshop World Registration (the conference and expo is held Sept. 6-8, 2007 at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino on Las Vegas). Click here for info or to register.
- Here’s another one I picked up from John Nack’s blog: it’s a list of 80 Photoshop Text Effects, compiled over at PhotoshopRoadmap.com. Worth checking out.
- Scroll down one more post for some great news about equipment insurance for photographers.
That’s it for now. I’ve got some interesting news for Monday, so have a great weekend and we’ll see you then! :)