Thursday News Update
Howdy folks. I’ve returned from my trip out West, and I’m back in the saddle again. Here’s what’s going on:
- Digital Photography magazine (another UK-based photography magazine), did a shoot out of noise reducing Photoshop plug-ins, and their winner was a plug-in I’ve never heard of before called “Neat Image.” Here’s what Digital Photography said, “Neat Image scooped the first prize due to its simplicity, features, and impressive results” and they praised it for its ability to reduce noise without making the image blurry. The other programs in the shoot out were Noise Ninja and Noiseware Pro (the plug-in I use for noise reduction). If you have any experience with Neat Image, let me know. Here’s the link to Neat Image’s web site.
- You guys have heard me talk about Jeff Revell (from Jeff’s Photo Gallery blog), a number of times, and this week we had him on Photoshop User TV as a special in-studio guest (that’s Jeff above), and on the show Jeff revealed the new name for his blog; PhotoWalkPro.com (for more about the name, and the man behind the site, check out Jeff’s interview right here).
- Just when I thought this week couldn’t get any better, I just learned that I have won not just one—by TWO “Frankie” awards (one for this blog, and one for my CS3 for digital photographers book). This is an award so exclusive, so prestigious, and so secretive that even Frank’s wife didn’t know about it. Click here to view the list of all the Frankie Award Winners. (All joking aside—many thanks to Frank Weichmann for including my books on your list. I dig you, man!)
- Confessions of a Pioneer Woman: How can you resist a photo blog with a name like this? I just recently found it, and I must confess, I’m really drawn to it (sorry for that lame “confess” pun). She’s got some nice photogaphy, and a lot of pioneer sass. Here’s the link. (I dig her, too!)
- Weekly Photo Tips did a review of our recently launched KelbyTraining.com online subscription service for learning Photoshop, photography, and other cool stuff. Here’s the link. Ivan Makarov over at IM Digital also posted a review and you can read it right here.
- On the heels of this past week’s wonderful automotive photography from UK-based photographer Tim Wallace, comes the creative genius of California-based automotive photographer Steve Demmitt. He’s got a very slick style, including some amazing composites (like the three photo composite of the silver Bentley that loads first), and if you got a minute or two, check out his site at stevedemmitt.com. Amazing stuff!
That’s it for today, sports fans. See you back here for a wrap up tomorrow! :)