Worldwide Photowalk Update
Just a quick update on our August 23rd Worldwide Photowalk:
- A number of cities are already completely full for their walks, and we’ve had a number of cities now with multiple walks (like New York, with three walks), so if you’re thinking of going to a walk near you, don’t wait to sign up, because once it’s full—it’s full.
- We’re now up to 171 cities worldwide, but this coming Friday we’re going to have to stop adding new cities, so if you want to apply to lead a walk in your city, register right here right way. Here’s a look at some of the new cities just added:
- Montpelier, Vermont (USA)
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Tarpon Springs, Florida (USA)
- Kiev, (Ukraine)
- Johannesburg, Pretoria, South Africa
- Thousand Oaks, California, USA
- San Diego, California, USA
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Sugarland, Texas, USA
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Gainesville, Florida
- St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada
- Juneau, Alaska
- Paris, France
- S£o Paulo, Brazil
- Reno, Nevada
- Warsaw, Poland
- Rome, Italy
- Spokane, Washington, USA
- Bilbao / Getxo, Spain
- Lansing, Michigan, USA
- Don’t know if you caught this last week, but Worldwide PhotoWalk official sponsor Adobe Systems graciously added 10 copies of Lightroom 2 as part of our photo contest, so 10-runner’s up for the grand prize will now get a great prize, too. Thanks Adobe!
- Keep an eye on Jeff Revell’s “Photowalk Pro” Web site (they’re an official sponsor of the walk as well), as he’s been giving out great advice to photo walk leaders, and participants on how to get the most of their walks (By the way; Jeff is leading two walks that day, one in the morning; one in the afternoon, and they’re both already full).
That’s it for this update. Thanks for everybody who has come on to lead a walk in their city, and to everyone who’ll be joining us for the walk. It’s going to be an amazing day!