Happy Friday everybody. Here’s the end-of-the-week news:
- I just got my copy of the new book “What The Duck: Rule of Nerds” (from Aaron Johnson) and it’s just great! I’m such a huge fan of the “What the Duck” photo-centric comic strip (shown above—click for a larger view) and Aaron did just a great job putting this book together (you will absolutely laugh your butt off!). “Rule of Nerds” has to be on your Holiday gift list this year! Check it out at whattheduck.net. Congratulations to Aaron on putting an entire year of What the Duck into this hilarious book!!! :)
- Catch Larry Becker (NAPP’s Executive Director) in an online interview posted over at TechTalkRadio where they talk about the upcoming Photoshop World, about NAPP in general, and all sorts of cool stuff. You can listen online right here.
- There’s also an interesting video interview over at PhotoInduced.com with UK-based Creative Director Richard Myers, who talks about advertising, photography, and Photoshop in the world of marketing. Definitely worth checking out (click here).
- Today’s the last day to save $100 on early bird registration for Photoshop World. Hey, I’m just sayin’.
- Mike Wong (over at OnOne software) has a Photography/Photoshop blog I really like called “One OnOne” and if you haven’t checked it out, it’s worth adding to your list for sure (but it’s not easy to find it by going to OnOne’s regular Web site, so I put the link here: Check it out.
- If you watch Photoshop User TV, you’ve see our buddy RC on the show, and now he has his own daily blog over at LayersMagazine.com (the online site of Layers Magazine, the “How to” magazine for everything Adobe). He covers tips, techniques, he does video tutorials, and news about all the different Adobe apps (besides Photoshop, he’s an expert on Dreamweaver, Flash, and well…just about everything Adobe makes). Check RC out over at LayersMagazine.com
- You’re not going to believe this (because I don’t believe this), but we are actually scheduled to shoot our first episode of Photoshop User TV in our new in-house studio today (noticed how I said “we’re scheduled”–just in case something doesn’t work. But if it does work, you’ll see the new look and feel on Monday. Late Monday for sure, but Monday. OK, if not Monday, certainly by Tuesday, right?).
That’s it for this Friday. Hope you have a great day, a wonderful weekend, and I’ll see you on Monday! :-)