Hi gang—just a few quick things to take us into the weekend:
- I came across some cool, quick-little “case study” videos from professional retoucher Jean-Michel Massey, which show the evolution of a commercial retouch, and I thought the videos were fascinating (Jean-Michel has some mad skills). Here’s the link to check them out.
- My buddy RC “Rico” Concepcion (Ed Note from RC: "This was actually done by one of our regular readers, Firgs. Big thanks!) did something fairly horrible to Matt, Dave, Corey, himself and I (a still from it is seen above) that is just really, wellâ¦you’ve got to see it for yourself. It’s called “Elf Yourself” and if you’ve got two seconds, and don’t mind seeing grown men looking fairly ridiculous, check it out right here (totally for laughs).
- Photographer Janine Smith (who was at my LA Lightroom seminar yesterday), turned me onto the fact that Amazon.com now lets you add products from other sites to your Amazon.com wishlist (for example, you could add things from B&H Photo to your wish lists, even though you’re on Amazon).
- I just learned that Mpix.com will now make prints up to full 24″x36″ poster size (previously, their largest size was 20″x30″). I’m using Mpix to output some prints I’m doing as holiday gifts, because I can just upload them from my computer, and they’ll ship the final print, packaged flat, right to the person on my gift list. Sweet!
- Just in case you missed it; Adobe announced a pretty substantial update to Camera Raw (called Camera Raw 5.2), which includes adding the Targeted Adjustment Tool (TAT) to Camera Raw, Snapshots, Camera Profiles, and Output Sharpening, along with support for some new cameras. You can download the free update from Adobe.com (Mac) or (Windows).
That’s it for today. I’ve got some pretty cool news for Monday, so I hope I’ll see you back here then. Have a wonderful weekend everybody!