We just got an email from Photoshop World and KelbyOne instructor Erik Valind letting us know that he’s doing a lighting workshop in Nelson on Saturday! If you’re interested, here are all the details directly from Erik himself…
Date: Saturday, Sept 6th 12PM – 6PM
Location: Nelson’s Ghost Town
Attendees will learn how to master lighting on location using a variety of light sources and modifiers for every skill level and budget. This workshop will focus on getting the attendees behind the lens and creating killer images. I’ve hired local agency represented models and have made sure to keep the model to attendee ratio balanced to ensure maximum shooting time. I will walk them through a location and lighting scenario then my assistant Julio will step back to assist, as everyone gets a turn to direct and shoot.
We will cover the following:
- Taming Natural Light
- Working with speedlights and small flash
- Overpowering the sun with studio strobes
- Softboxes, Umbrellas, Reflectors, Diffusors, and Beauty Dishes
What is Provided:
- Round-trip transportation from Mandalay Bay
- Boxed lunch and plenty to drink
- Professional models
- An AMAZING location – Nelson’s ghost town
Again, you can find out more and register right here!