I know the prize package for the winner of the World Wide Photo Walk was pretty amazing, but of course, with 32,000 photographers who could enter up to two photos each, the competition was pretty amazing too, and your chances of winning were….well…..you can do the math.
That’s why I think the best opportunity for some killer prizes and big time recognition may be entering the Photoshop World Guru Awards competition (sponsored by iStockPhoto.com), and competing to win the “Vincent Versace Award for Excellence in Digital Imaging” (which is a sub-category of the photography category. Everyone that enters the photography category is automatically eliglible to win the “Vinny” award, which is chosen by Vincent himself).
This contest was created to honor the work of Photoshop World attendees, so only other attendees to this year’s conference in Vegas can enter, and not of all them: (a) are photographers, and (b) will enter. In fact, only a few hundred people will actually enter the competition at all, but the list of prizes for just the Vinny alone are pretty staggering.
For example, the “Vinny” winner gets:
- An Epson 3880 printer
- A Wacom Intuos 4 tablet and wireless pen
- The Entire collection of Nik Software Photoshop Plug-ins
- Two (2) 8 gig 300x UDMA flash cards from Lexar
- An Induro 314 carbon fiber tripod
- An Xrite Color Munki
- The entire collection of OnOne Software’s Photoshop Plug-ins
- All of the Acme Educational titles
- An Expodisc and an Expoaperture
- A one-year subscription to Kelby Online Training
- A signed copy of David Duchemin’s “Within the Frame”
- A signed Vincent Versace print
That is just an amazing prize package, plus you get the Vinny Award itself (which Mr. Versace presents himself during the Guru Awards ceremony).
Best of all, there’s no entry fee (again, this competition is only open to registered Photoshop World attendees). Here’s a link with details on how to enter the Photoshop World Guru Awards and take your shot at winning “The Vinny.”
My thanks to Vincent for putting together such an amazing prize package, and thanks to Wacom, Lexar, OnOne Software, Nik Software, Xrite, Epson, Induro, and all the sponsors of this year’s Vincent Vercsace Award for Excellence in Digital Imaging.