Happy Thursday everybody. Here’s what goin’ on:
- RadarOnline has a story on how a recent cover of Star magazine featuring Jennifer Aniston was “digitally enhanced” to make it looks like she was carrying a manuscript for a tell-all book, when the unretouched photo shows it was clearly a catalog. They have large before/after photos, and it’s just interesting to take a quick look (here’s the link). Ethics in journalism aside; it was refreshing to see a celebrity retouch that wasn’t trying to make her looking younger/thinner/better, etc.
- I saw our buddy and landscape legend Stephen Johnson featured in a full page ad for Canon’s new EOS 1Ds Mark III on the inside back cover of September’s PDN. Go on ya, Steve. :)
- You’ve gotta check out the site of photography/retouching firm “Royal Post Club” based in Hamburg, Germany, for two reasons: (1) their work is just stunning, but also (2) the layout of their Website is just so darn clever. Trust me—you’ll get a kick out of it. Click here to go there.
- Corey “The Photoshop Lad” Barker and “RC” just posted their latest episode of Layers TV (the how-to video show for everything Adobe), and their new show just keeps getting better and better. Here’s the link so you can watch it online. Also, if you haven’t seen this week’s episode of Photoshop User TV, it’s worth watching it just to see how non hip-hop Deke McClelland (our guest guru) can be. We just cracked up.
- Just a quick reminder; we’re bringing my Lightroom Live Tour to Tampa, FL on Tuesday, Oct. 30th, and then I’m up in NYC for the Photoshop CS3 Power Tour on Tuesday, Nov. 6th at the Javits Center. Hope to see you there.
- Jeff Revell’s photography blog is starting to get a lot of buzz as of late, and this week he’s got an interesting rant (his words; not mine) on Epson’s choice of paper sizes, that’s worth a quick read by clicking here. Also, just drop by for the inspiration, ’cause he’s got some great stuff up there. (While you’re there, be sure to read his post about HDR software).
Have a fantastic Thursday every body!