Here’s some quick news about the August 23rd Worldwide PhotoWalk to celebrate the release of my new book, The Lightroom 2 Book for Digital Photographers. (Preorder it now from Barnes & Noble or Amazon.com)
- Today is the final day to apply to be a Leader of a PhotoWalk for your city, and after today we won’t be adding any additional cities, so if you wanted to host one—-get right on it.
- I just did an interview about the PhotoWalk with Shawn King of the popular YourMacLife radio show (Shawn and Photoshop World Instructor Lesa Snider are hosting the New York, Greenwich Village walk), and you can listen to it: click here
(Note: Shawn asks me during the interview where in the world I would like to hold a photowalk if I could do one anywhere, and the answer I gave wound up revealing something very embarrassing about my past. Yikes!).
- We now have more than 200 cities on board (I’ll release the final number of cities on Monday, as we’ll be approving the final group of cities this weekend).
- We’ve added a number of cities this week, all around the world, including:
- Beijing, China
- White River Junction, Vermont
- Coney Island, New York
- Wellington, New Zealand
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- Mount Dora, Florida
- Vienna, Austria
- Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Austin, Texas
- Los Alamos, New Mexico
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Trondheim, Norway
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Deep Creek Lake, Maryland
- Tel-Aviv, Israel
- Lake Tahoe, North Shore
If you haven’t signed up to be a part of a walk, make sure you check the current list of cities (click here), and see if there’s one near you. Hope you’ll be able to join the thousands of photographers around the world who have already signed up to be a part of this history-making event! :)