D-Town TV (it’s not just for Nikon shooters anymore)
When I was in The Netherlands last week, I can’t tell you how people I ran into that watch on one of our podcasts, but one guy I met told me although he sees me each week on Photoshop User TV, he said he doesn’t watch me on D-Town TV (the weekly show for DSLR users) because he’s a Canon shooter.
I let him know that D-Town TV isn’t just a Nikon-only this season, and that we not only include Canon gear, but we’ve changed the focus of the show from one that covers which button does what, to more of a general show about digital photography, and how to “get the shot.” I told him we that now we have lots of location shoots, and guest photographers, along with some inspiration in each show, and he told he didn’t realize that the show had changed, and that he’d check it out again (and I’m hoping you will, too).
I haven’t been talking about D-Town TV that much lately, and last night Matt asked me if I had seen the last couple of episodes. I had to admit that I hadn’t yet (the key word there is “yet”), so this morning I got a chance watch the last three episodes, and I’ve included a brief summary and direct links to the episodes below. Hope you’ll check them out.
Episode 33 Summary (seen above)
- Matt starts off with a few tips for doing macro photography
- Scott Bourne is back with his final segment on shutter speeds when shooting video with your DSLR
- Larry Becker has a creative tip for making the Hoodman Loupe easier to use in his latest Cheap Shots segment
- Scott and Matt show off the Kelly Moore Bag, a camera bag for women.Kelly is also this week’s photographer to check out!
Here’s the link to watch Episode 33 (it’s free!)
Episode 32 Summary (seen above)
- Scott kicks things off from the sidelines of an NBA game with an example of why “fast glass” is so important.
- Rick Sammon drops by the studio to share a number of tips for photographing people.
- Matt goes on location to give five tips for using a reflector outdoors.
- Does your 70-200 lens hood fall off too easily? Scott has the perfect replacement for you.
- Check out the amazing work of sports photographer Dave Black!
Here’s the link to watch Episode 32 (it’s free!)
Episode 31 Summary (seen above)
- Matt kicks the show off with a tip on setting your autofocus to avoid shutter misfires
- Scott Bourne is back again to show us the Z-Finder from Zacuto, which makes seeing your viewfinder easier when shooting HD-DSLR video.
- Scott has a tip for making sure your off-camera speedlite fires every time by using Pocket Wizards.
- Matt has a tip for incrementally increasing your ISO to make sure you get a sharp shot in low light when you don’t have a tripod.
- Cheap Shots with Larry Becker is back with an affordable and portable posing stool
This week’s photographer is the world’s top selling microstock photographer, Yuri Arcurs
Here’s the link to watch Episode 31 (it’s free ya know?).