Remember last year, when we ran a photography contest on Photoshop User TV called "The Photoshop TV Shopping Spree at B&H Photo" where we sent the grand prize winner to New York City (including round trip airfare and hotel), and gave her a $1,000 shopping spree at B&H Photo's Incredible Manhattan store?
Well, last year we announced the winner, which was photographer Rachael Cardella, from Rachael Cardela Photography. Anyway, Rachel recently took her “Shopping Spree” trip we set up for her, and sent us back some photos (some are shown above; click for a larger version), and had this to say about her trip:
I really cannot thank you all enough. My husband and I had an absolutely incredible time, and were treated like rock stars.
The staff at B&H was so wonderful. David Brommer, Tiffany and Billy were very knowledgeable and helpful, and set me up with the right gear. I ended up getting a Canon 40D, 50mm f/1.8 lens, and a new card reader – so a COMPLETE upgrade from my Digital Rebel XTI that I was using. I am SO, SO happy and thankful – you have no idea.
A few highlights from our trip:
- Visiting B&H photo’s MASSIVE store and spending my prize money! The store was absolutely unbelievable. Everyone went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time. They also tacked an extra $100+ discounts onto my $1,000!
- Taking the Staten Island ferry to check out the Statue of Liberty.
- Visiting the Rockefeller Center, and getting a bird’s eye view of the city.
- Watching Cloverleaf (the new NYC monster movie) while in NYC – cool!
- Walking along Central Park on our way to the Museum of Natural History (amazing, we could have spent a week in there!)
The Apple Store!
We had a wonderful time, and I just can’t get it all condensed down to bullet points. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am just so giddy, and thankful. You have made my YEAR. :)
Matt, Dave, and I send our congratulations to Rachael, for her wonderful work, and for being such a gracious winner.