Thursday News Update
Hi everybody—here’s the latest:
- I’m working on my 2nd annual “Scott’s Gonzo Holiday Gadget Guide” for the magazine, and for an online version as well, and I’ve gotten a lot of great gear and gadget ideas from readers in the past, so if you know of a really cool product, accessory, plug-in, etc. that I should know about, just post a comment here on the blog, or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Just a quick note: Amazon.com is now showing that my “Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers” is in stock, so now both B&N and Amazon show the book ready to ship. I’m also starting to get emails from readers who have received the book already, so I’m glad to see it’s getting in the pipeline. :)
- If you’re looking for a really cool shooting opportunity, Moose Peterson’s Digital Landscape Workshop Series (DLWS) has a workshop coming up on the Great Lakes and Michigan Shoreline on Sept. 16-19, 2007. The DLWS crew (which includes instructors Laurie Excell and Joe McNally) have scoped out some incredible shooting locations that may provide some of their best shoots of the year. I think this is one of the workshops that people are going to be talking about for a while, so if you’re looking for something new and fresh, snag one of the few available spots over at DigitalLandscape.org
- If you’re signed up for Photoshop World, make absolutely certain you enter the Photoshop Guru Awards competition–sponsored by our friends at CDW (which is only open to people who attend Photoshop World). If you win the Guru Award in any of the categories, you win a 500GB “The Book” hard drive from Western Digital, and if you win “Best of Show” you win a Nikon D80 Kit (with a 28-135mm zoom lens). If you win the “Vincent Versace Award for Excellence in Digital Photography” you win an Epson 3800 Stylus Pro printer (for printing up to 17″x22″ prints), and OnOne’s Software’s Photoshop Plug-in Suite, and a signed original print from Mr. Versace himself. For details, visit PhotoshopWorld.com
- On this week’s episode of Photoshop User TV, my buddy Matt Kloskowski has a great tutorial on how to create an action that creates multiple Black & White conversions of any color photo, so you can just sit back and pick the version that looks best to you. It’s very cool, and you can watch it right here online by clicking here.
Well, that’s it for today. Have a great day and we’ll see you all tomorrow!