Good morning everybody. I’m out here teaching a week-long hands-on workshop at the wonderful Santa Fe Workshops out in Santa Fe, New Mexico (if you haven’t been here, it’s an amazing learning experience, and I highly recommend it).
Here’s what’s goin’ on this morning:
- There’s an interesting article about “How Photoshop Was Born” over at SiliconUser.com Web site. Check it out right here.
- The day before my New York Lightroom seminar, I got to do a little shooting. I wish I had seen this New York Times article on “Where the pros go to shoot in New York” first, because I might have fit in a little more shooting time.
- Photoshop Hall of Famer John Paul Caponigro has an exhibition of his New York, coming up August 4th-5th up in Cushin, Maine. For more info, visit his Website.
- My buddy Jeff Revell turned me onto this major productivity killer. It’s a site with a very Photoshop-like color picker, and when you choose a color, it searches Flicker and then displays shots that match that color. It’s surprisngly cool, and will waste your time like nobody’s business. Here’s the link to mess up your day.
- NAPP members—check this out: Adobe is offering big discounts to all NAPP members that purchase Photoshop CS3/Photoshop CS3 Extended and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom until August 30, 2007 through Adobe’s online store:>> Photoshop CS3 Upgrade and Photoshop Lightroom bundle – $368 (a $130 savings)
>>Photoshop CS3 Extended Upgrade and Photoshop Lightroom bundle – $498 (a $150 savings)
>> Photoshop CS3 Full and Photoshop Lightroom bundle – $751 (a $200 savings)
>> Photoshop CS3 Extended Full and Photoshop Lightroom bundle – $1048 (a $250 savings)
>> Photoshop Lightroom – $199 (a $100 savings)
To take advantage of these members-only discounts at the Adobe.com store, you will need a unique offer code. To receive your special code, visit the NAPP member site, and go to the Discounts page (See, it pays to be a NAPP member!) Note: Each member may only purchase 1 copy of Photoshop Lightroom or the Photoshop Lightroom & Photoshop bundle per code.
- Terry White has added an invaluable new page to his popular Tech Blog, and that is a list of Terry’s favorite gear (stuff that he himself uses, which is saying something!). Check it out right here.
That’s it from here. Hope you all have a great Monday! :-)