Update On The Worldwide Photo Walk
We’re only 19-days away from the big day, and so I thought I’d give you a quick briefing on where we are to date:
- We have currently active photo walks in over 1,006 cities
- We have another 56 photo walks in draft mode, so the leader of each is working on making it active.
- We have approved a total of 1,356 photo walks altogether, but about 300 of those never activated their walks (so they signed up to lead a walk; got approved, but never went back and created the walk they were approved for).
- We have over 10,730 walkers registered so far.
- We have raised $6,502 for the Springs of Hope Orphanage via your donations on Generosity.com (17% of our $35,000 goal).
- So far, our T-shirt sales have brought in approximately $3,000 for the Orphanage as well
- Our total raised so far (donations & t-shirt sales) is nearly $10,000 (well, give or take $448) so we’re well on our way!!! :)
New black T-shirts this year! (100% of the profits go to Springs of Hope)
Order your shirts now, so you have a chance to get yours before the walk, and you can wear it proudly at the walk.
Closing New Walk Applications
At this point, we’ve approved over 1,000 photo walks around the world, but some leaders never went and activated their walks, and we’re getting so close to the October 1st walk date, that we’re cutting off the applications for new walks, so we can all focus on getting the word out about the walks that are set-up and running.
I’m hosting the local walk in Venice, Italy…
…and I couldn’t be more excited. It’s been nine years (I think) since I’ve been there, and I can’t wait to go back and make some new images of that wonderful city. Also, I’m taking a trip up to the Dolomite Mountains which is an area I’ve wanted to visit for years. Looking forward to meeting every one there for our walk.
If you haven’t joined a photo walk yet…
It’s not too late. Check to see if there’s a walk near you – http://worldwidephotowalk.com
That’s it for this quick update. :)
Hope you have a rockin’ Tuesday!