Yesterday, I got a list of what Vincent Versace (shown above) has put together for this spring’s winner of the “Vincent Versace Award for Excellence in Digital Photography” (Affectionly known as “The Vinny,” it’s awarded during the opening keynote presentation at the Photoshop World Conference & Expo), and I gotta tell you—-he’s put together one of the best photo competition prize packages ever!
Here’s what the Vinny winner gets:
- An Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer
- An Xrite Color Munki and Passport
- The Complete Collection of onOne Software’s Photoshop plug-ins
- The Complete Collection of Nik Software’s Photoshop Plug0ins
- a Hoodman camera loupe
- an Enduro carbon fiber tripod
- a Wacom tablet
- an Expo disc
- Lexar Compact Flash cards
- a Lowepro Slingshot bag
- All of Acme Educational’s tutorial DVDs (20 titles)
- Attendance to any workshop at Maine Media Workshops (winner has to pay for
flight room and board)
- Attendance to any workshop at Palm Beach Photographic Workshops (winner has
to pay for flight room and board)
- 1 year subscription to Kelby Training Online
- A signed copy of Vincent’s new book (coming out in June)
- A signed copy of David Duchemin’s latest book
- A signed print 24×30″ Versace print
The competition is open to all attendees of the Photoshop World Conference & Expo (there’s no entry free for registered conference attendees), and the presentation of the award takes place during the opening keynote on the morning of March 26th (the Vinny Award is a special category and every one that enters the photography category as part of the Photoshop World Guru Awards is eligible to win. The winner of the Vinny is chosen by Mr. Versace himself).
Anyway, that’s a crazy amount of prizes, but beyond the prizes themselves, winning the prestigious Vinny Award has launched the careers of a number of now well known names (including people like our own Corey Barker, and instructor, retoucher and photographer David Cuerdon, just to name a few). If you’re going to Photoshop World and you don’t enter this free competition, you’ll missing opportunity knocking.
For more information on entering the Guru Award Competition, click here.